Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
what?
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a 98 sentra with OEM suspension, the ones that came off the car from the assembly line.
a 98 sentra with coilovers and strut braces.

Obviously one cost more, but is the car that's got 7 year old shocks worth more than the one that has had suspension work done?
Discuss.

Seth

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
what are you smoking man? :D I am very tired, and the answer seems obvious, but I'll post something anyway....haven't been posting much over the past year anyway...
Fact is, it depends. Selling the stock one to a dealer will be worth more than the modified one. Selling the modified one to an enthusist will be worth more than the stock one. In the "real world", modifications can kill the value of a car. In our world, modifications, on most occasions, help bump the value of the car. Which makes me wonder now....in the "real world" modifications to a house raises its value...what makes a house so much different from a car? They're both the most expensive purchases most people will ever make...so why the difference? I could go on and on, but I'm too tired to even read what I just typed...so I wont put the burden on you. :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
what he is saying is because some people get very jittery when mods have allready been done. they dont like it, but i would trust seth! are you thinking about selling your car? and you want to know if you should put the stock sus. back on right? since you live in FL i would say you could get more for it with the coilovers on. but if you lived in say kansas or ohio then you would want to replace with the old.

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
IMO the stock sentra is worth more. but if i were a real enthusiast i would pay more for the modded one.

i'm wondering if my se-r has stock suspension or not though...the ride is really rough (my girlfriend said my car hurts her ribs on long trips) and there is almost no body roll...and i have almost neutral turning. is this a normal se-r suspension? the front struts are newer than the back, but beyond that i can't tell anything.

·
what?
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The reason I ask is this. Eventually I plan on selling the car. But not today. However I have these parts lined up: tein coilovers, blehm arm brace, motiv. upper mounts, front and rear tower bars. The question is if I install them and get good, yet limited use, from the car for the next year or so, the cost is like $1000 + labor.
However otherwise the car will be running with 7 year old parts 4 years of which were in winter Boston and Montreal.

Seth

·
what?
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right,
Though I'm thinking time is money and the time to install them plus the time to remove them is a total waste. PLus I'd rather sell the OEM stuff.
Anyway the car is pretty much worth zero anyway. I'd start selling the car at the cost of all the mods I put in, and anything extra is bonus.

Seth

P.S. I thought I posted this in the 'general' section.

·
Registered
106 Posts
sethwas said:
P.S. I thought I posted this in the 'general' section.
haha, want $20 labor? buy beer.....find friends..........offer beer for labor......watch them work.

·
Banned
1,530 Posts
Ya know seth, I'd say it depends on how long you plan on keeping the car and what use you are going to get out of it. If you are going to sell it within the year, don't put the upgrades on it. You can get more from the parts separately here on the forum.

Just my 3.5 cents.

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
yeah, if your going to ride the car until it falls apart and isn't worth more then 1,000 anyways, to hell with it, make it what you want.

·
Registered
28 Posts
No! Say it ain't so!

I just joined this forum about a month ago and all I've been reading are post from Seth from like 3 years ago!!! All of them answering $h!t problems I'm coming across now. I thought I had love for my 2hun, but Seth is like a freaking Godfather on here LOL. If he's dumping his Nissan, is something up? If it's not too personal to ask, why are you selling it Seth? I mean what are you going to get to take it's place? A 240? 350?

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
this is what i feel.....when you mod a car, it decreases in value. when you buy a used car, would you prefer a stock one or a modded one? when i buy cars, i make sure they are stock...because this way i know the car wasnt driven by an "enthusiast" and i know that if it doesnt have engine mods especially, that it more than likely was not driven hard. you have stock suspension on the car at the moment i guess..so why install brand new(i assume) parts just to have for a little time? when it comes time to sell the car, you will take off those mods and they will greatly decrease in value(like most used things in life)...besides, when someone buys a car, the condition of the suspension isnt a high priority as opposed to things such as tires, breaks, oil, etc...

·
Registered
306 Posts
to whom ever your selling too, you tell them if they would like that suspension setup. then you can bump up the price., and if they don't want it you can always sale it here :cheers:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts