Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 16x7's and i currently have 205 55 16's on the front and i am changing my rears. i wanna have a wider-beefier look them the front. what size tires do u think i should run, and what brand would u suggest for year round driving? i live in nj.
thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
With wheels, you are limited to what size tire you want to put on. When you go bigger in size without giving it the raked look (i.e. muscle car)
the next size up for you would be 2055516---2155016. that would be the next size. you might be able to go bigger, but you might have to get a bigger sidewall, then you cant rotate your tires. Then the fronts wear out and you have to buy new tires. That can get expensive. Also, you might have some issues with tires rubbing, you might be able to get a spacer and put a wider tire on, but that is up to you. If you put a wider tire on the car, you increase the footprint of the tire, which in-turn increases your chances of hydro-plaining. As for tires, get something that will channel the water a little faster, because a light car with wide tires can be dangerous.
toyo makes awsome tires.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok sounds good thanks for your help. i decided on 225 45 16's bfg's

·
so close to turbo...
925 Posts
not completely relevant but i saw a porche carrera gt in person and the rear tires were 335...i dont think you oculd fit that on a 240 even with the widest widebody kit available....well maybe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts