Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy a set of 16" rims but, I can't remember the proper offset. Anyone have an idea or know where I can find it.
I did a search on sentra.net but, can't find it.

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
most are like +38 to +40 for 16" wheels

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to buy a set of 16" off a guy with a Civic because He has 205/45/16 Tires which I hope will raise my car just a bit so I can get it on the hoist. I have 195/50/15 and my car can't get on the hoist for a matter of like 1/4 inch.

Do you think it will help using these 16" rims?

·
Registered
354 Posts
all you have to do is go to to your local tire store that sell the tires mentioned an ask for the overall dia. once you find out the dia. for your tires and the 16's divide each of those by 2 and the difference is the amount that you will raise your car.

example:

195's = 22" in dia.
205's = 23" in dia.

22"/2=11"
23"/2=11.5"

.5" is the amount your car would raise.

as far as 40mm offset if you get them they may rub in the back. mine did and i had to have a very heavy friend of mine sit in the trunk and i took the handle of a baseball bat, stuck it at an angle between the tire and the "lip" on the inside of the rear fender and rock the car back and forth to curl the "lip" so it wouldn't rub the tires.

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
Bitter Old Man, here.

195/50-15 has nominal diameter of 22.68"
205/45-16 has nominal diameter of 23.26"

You gain a smidge more than 1/2" in total tire height which means you gain half-a-smidge more than 1/4" in vehicle height.

You may or may not realize your goal in getting your car on that hoist.

·
Registered
354 Posts
woohoo, my example was close. although it be off a "smidge" under a 1/4 that is.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts