Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had rear rotors changed on my 01 nissan sentra a year ago and now they are telling me the rotors are wear off and I need them changed again. Is this possible?

·
Super Moderator
3,203 Posts
are the calipers sticking and wearing them out prematurely?
ive had the same rotors on my altima for 5 years now. 2-3 different sets of pads even...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had calipers, rotors and pads changed a year ago...So I tought everything would be fine for a long while...and now I got to change rotors again, it is just wrong...

·
Super Moderator
3,203 Posts
yeah that sucks... did you lube everything up really good? all the sliders and stuff?

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
97 SE-R original rear rotors still going strong.....

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
usually, the rears should be good for 30-40,000 miles for pads. I replace the rotors because its hard to find a shop of just cut them, and they are usually rusted and a pain to remove, stuck to the hub. I got the powerslot rear rotors that are cad plated. I replaced the factory rotors on my 2003 last year. so I got 60,000 and 4 years out of them.

My new front EBC sloted rotors wore out in less than 8 months. I heard this moaning sound and it was the pads ripping out the cross veins of the slots! they were gone on the inside and outside were 80% gone.

Chris 92 se-r and 03 se-r

1 - 6 of 6 Posts