Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get some speakers in my car..I was wondering what the difference was between coaxials and normal speakers..
Also I listen to all music, but mostly alternative..When I do listen to rap or whatever do you think that some 6.5's or 6x9s will provide a good enough bass? I don't need somthing thats going rattle houses as I pass, but somthing decent..Thanks

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
coaxials are normal speakers. Components are different. No normal speakers will provide enough bass, and will likely blow if you turn up the bass on your head unit. This is why even an 8" subwoofer is better to get than running bass on your speakers.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
chimmike said:
coaxials are normal speakers. Components are different. No normal speakers will provide enough bass, and will likely blow if you turn up the bass on your head unit. This is why even an 8" subwoofer is better to get than running bass on your speakers.
Yeah your right I guess..I just dont want to buy a seperate amp just for a sub..
Im gettin the alpine 4 way with infinity 6.5s i guess...Is there anyway i can maybe not run the amp to my back speakers and use it for the sub or is that a no no?

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
as long as the amp has a seperate controls for each set of channels then you'll be just fine.

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
A speaker set will have 2-3 speakers per side (some have 4, but the extra speaker is 99% useless). In a component set, each speaker (component) is a separate entity that you mount and wire individually. In a coaxial set, all of the speakers are mounted in one unit, all facing the same direction (they share the same axis, "co" "axial"). Coaxs are easier to install because it's just like mounting 1 speaker, but they have a nice big hole right in the middle of the woofer which cuts back on the midbass potential, and they're generally lower quality than components (components are simply better from a performance standpoint, so companies focus more time and money on the development of the components, and the coaxs are just for people looking for a simple, cheap upgrade). Components generally handle more power, have better output, and the woofer and tweeter can be mounted separately, allowing you to tailor the sound specifically for your vehicle and tastes, but they're harder to install.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts