Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
most ca16de will have a square restricted air duct, while ca18de will have the oval air duct.
the ca16de has a dropping resister for the fuel injectors on the firewall while the ca18de does not.

also you can see the engine code on the block. I'm sure there are other things but i cant think of any right now.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the problem is I have to have a ca18de wiring harness. But I need the harness from a Nissan Sunny (they're sentra with a ca18de).

A buddy of mine in Sweden found a scrapyard with several of the cars, but I need a way for him to tell the difference and get me the correct harness for that engine. Even if the engine is missing I still need to know a way of telling...

·
Registered
196 Posts
If this is for your CA18DET car, everything I've read over at Nissanexa.com and NICO Forums says that the CA16DE harness requires the least modifications for the CA18DET.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hmm, thats a thought. I know with the ca18de harness I just had to add a dropping resistor and change the injector plugs.

Here's the thing though, I'm using a factory Ca18de ECU thats had a daughterboard installed on it.

Possibly I may not have to change the dropping resistor and injector plugs with a ca16de harness....

Bu does the ca16de and ca18de have the exact same pinouts on the ECU? If I could just unplug my ca18de harness from the ecu and directly plug in the ca16de ecu that'd be cake. If i had to rewire the pinouts to the ecu though, i'd rather just install a dropping resister and injector plugs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts