Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No one prolly remembers me, I haven't posted or signed on in like a year. After I got tired if my B12 I got an RX7(big mistake) and then a 92 Camaro(mistake but not as bad). But now I'm driving the Camaro and I have time to work on my B12 again. My idea is to get a GA16DE in with a 5speed transmission in like a month or so with some head work and a few bolt ons. My question is, there a trick(or just a lot of WD40) to getting the the bolt of the spindle, the big one in the center? It doesn't help that the stud is rusted, but if anyone has any ideas on how to help me out it would be great.

·
B12 Enthusiast
844 Posts
Welcome Back

I'd start by cleaning the exposed threads with a wire brush, then spraying some liquid wrench or whatever. I'd leave the tire/brakes on, if you have someone that can apply the brakes it may help. get yourself a big breaker bar and a nice length of pipe to compliment that. should do the job. One of my cars was almost impossible to get off, the other came off nice and easy.

:cheers:

·
Registered
77 Posts
oh yeaa...haha i had that problem too....i even had a hard time finding the socket that would fit it....haha 1 1/4" i think?.....yeaa.....go with breaker bar...haha try not to strain ur back.....and yea...put on brakes.....wouldn't want ur car rolling off.... :thumbup:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm using a 32mm socket that seems to fit it right. I've got the breaker bar and I will try busting it after class today, and I will take some pictures so everyone can see the progress.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
you can also use an impact to get it off... but not to put it back ... thats wath ive been using for all the spindles bolts... welcome back :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the bolt off now the spindle is giving me hell, anyone got suggestions on that? After the spindle comes off the axle can be pulled out, am I right?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nevermind, well I got the axles off. Just wait till friday when I pull the motor and tranny out, its going to be fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts