Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Dan the car meet man
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm having my warrantied motor taken out tomorrow by a shop. I need to know what the longblock usually comes with and does not come with so we send back basically what we received. I know it didn't have the valve cover on it but what little things need to be taken off or left? It's an ATK remanufactured engine and it was a shipped as a crate engine. When the motor was put in I had to buy an oil sending unit, pcv valve, motor mounts, and some other stuff... What other things need to be taken off or should the shop know automatically if they remember it's a longblock, not a drop-in? It came with gaskets too.... I don't know if that helps or not.

Thanks,

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
longblock

as far as i have encountered, a longblock only requires transfer of engine accessories, you won't need to open the valve cover, head is already in, basically just outside accesories like the intake manifold and vacuum lines, exhaust manifold and p/s pump, a/c compressor, idler pulleys, tensioner pulleys, and the tranny, i could be wrong so let me know what happens.....thanks.......

·
Dan the car meet man
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help everyone!

After taking the car to the shop last week they told me that nothing was wrong with the motor. The only thing is the slight timing chain noise caused by the guides. I guess I can't believe everyshop that I go to. The mechanics here at my regular shop told me that the other shop couldn't tell if there was a broken piston if they didn't take apart the block and that other shop didn't even do a compression check before they told me that the motor had blow-by and compression loss!

Anyways, I'm happy that I have a good motor! No downtime for me. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts