Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just curious, What would be considered high to pay for a b-12 car? I know its going to depend on a lot of things, Im thinking an 89 2 door sedan xe maybe. In running shape, drivable, needs a few little things, about $300 worth of work needed. (master cylinder, tires, tuneup) you know, a typical old unwanted sentra.
Steve W.

·
Nissan/Mazda Gumshoe
1,052 Posts
honestly , dude since b12s are such dependable cars some car places like to charge anywhere from 800 to like 1200 for a b12. for some of the private sellers who are just trying to get rid of the car, u could probably get it for about 4 flat. i paid 5 for mine 2 years ago, hope this helps.................

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
About 500 running for an 89-90 and about 300 for an 87-88 running. Dead 100-200 would be decent!

·
Nissan/Mazda Gumshoe
1,052 Posts
hats off to u , boost boy i dont even think hybrid has pulled off what u have, at least on the streets atleast. keep ur head up and keep on building because whether u realize it or not u are on of those old school guys that said that it couldnt be done type dude that has done it and that most of the forum b12 looks up to guys like u and hybrid for all the know how we need. not exactly charles , seeing as though he got rid of the e16 as soon as he found out about the lack of performance. lucky him , huh

·
Registered
501 Posts
i paid 1.2 k for mine....

but mines in perfect condition and bought it with only 74k miles on it

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So $75 wouldnt be a bad price then. The car isnt pretty,(needs paint badly)but i drove it home with the a/c working. I originally wanted to junk it out, but started finding that the car isnt in that bad of shape. Needs tires, front seal, Possibly an engine mount. Nothing i cant do.
Thanks All,
Steve W.

·
Registered
321 Posts
i paid 350.00 for mine because a mechanic told the lady that my 89 Sentra SE Sportcoupe with a fuel injected motor needed a carberator...:D:D:D

it needed a mass air flow sensor.
thank god for dumb mechanics.

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
I paid CAN$2500 for mine two years ago, but my car is atleast 3 years younger then almost all the other B12s here. Former owner took really good care of it and the extra I paid was definitely worth it.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
i paid 250$can the head gasket was blown on this auto/sportcoupe wich i spent couple 100$s to get it manual...

·
Registered
475 Posts
The Canadian production years for Sentra's is kind of a mystery. I'm pretty sure the 1993 was the last year for the B12 here since my parents onced owned a 1993 B12 4DR. As to when the B13 was introduced to Canada, I'm not sure.

Anyway, I have a few B12's I'm looking at buying. The timing chain guides on my 1995 B13 Sentra need to be replaced and it's going to cost close to $500+, since most of the work is just labor. So it's actually cheaper for me to get a new car or a winter beater at least so I can do the engine work on the B13 myself.

Here's what I'm looking at buying:

- 1991 NISSAN Sentra, lic until Jan/03, good running condition or good for parts, Make an Offer.

- 1991 NISSIAN Sentra, very good condition, needs some motor work, $300 ono.

- 1993 NISSAN Sentra, 160,xxx kms (95,xxx miles), excellent running condition, asking $350 [$225 US] firm.

I called about the 1993 model and it is a Sentra Classic and he said the body is in good shape but he said with any car that old and cheap it will need some work. He also mentioned the engine and transmission was really good. So, I'm really considering buying it unless anyone has an opinion otherwise? Not to go off car brand here but I was interested in this car as well but have yet to call:

1991 SUBARU Legacy 4door, 4cylinder, AWD, 165,000kms lic until March 03. Good condition. $600.

Any opinions would be appreciated...I'm going to read up on the B12 since everything I know is on the B13. I'll keep you updated if and when I do buy something, perhaps a B12.

- Greg

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Jump on it! Sounds like a good deal to me!

·
Nissan/Mazda Gumshoe
1,052 Posts
sounds like a great deal. especially for your typical winters up that way. hope u get it running man. lots of luck!!!!!!

·
Registered
475 Posts
I thought about it the weekend and right now, it's better I think to spend the $600 or so and get the '95 Sentra running again. In the mean time, if I have money afterward and with new job perspectives I'll be snatching up the B12 for a nice winter car. And yes, our winters are pretty harsh, especially with all the salt...that's part of the reason why I want to keep the B13 off the roads.

I'll let you know how it works out anyway. I've gotten a lot of good feedback from our local car forum on what garage I should take it too so I have a few options at least.

- Greg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts