Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sport Edition Fox 2 Sport, thats the rims my boss has he just took off his scion today..Yeah theyre 15's but they are the color wheel I like for my car color my cars in my sig..These rims are in excellent condition and he wants to sell all four of them for 200 to me. What you guys think should I buy them cause the deals just too good to pass up?
:cheers:

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Disp...heelMake=Sport+Edition&wheelModel=Fox+2+Sport
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah theyll fit i even checked thru tire rack just to make sure. The only problem is the size theyre 15's i want 17's. im thinkin i just keep these on for awhile sell them and get the same wheel in a 17 :thumbup: . Also does anyone know the wieght on this wheel? they seem pretty light to pick up, but i was wondering how they compare to others
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,308 Posts
belive it or not 15in. is the greatest size wheel for performance for our car. and they can look really good. :thumbup: with that black (powder coating?) it will look great.
 

·
What is Seven Ten for?
Joined
·
2,917 Posts
what color is your car, those wheels will look great on most cars though
 

·
Destroyer of worlds.
Joined
·
874 Posts
sweet wheels, i think it will look pretty rockin. and IMO i dont think you should get 17", they look too big for the car.

i might have to get some of those for my car :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
lshadoff said:
Will they fit? Your car needs a 4 x 100 bolt pattern and a 40mm offset.

Edit: The wheels cost $99 each at TireRack. $200 is a bargain.

Lew
Why would it need to have a 40mm offset? Offset is dependent on wheel width. So +40mm on a 6in width rim, would be different then a 7in rim, im sure you know. I just dont understand the need for a 40mm offset. Im pretty sure you dont run a +40 on your car either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,818 Posts
nizzan4u2nv said:
Why would it need to have a 40mm offset? Offset is dependent on wheel width. So +40mm on a 6in width rim, would be different then a 7in rim, im sure you know. I just dont understand the need for a 40mm offset. Im pretty sure you dont run a +40 on your car either.
40mm is the offset for the stock 15x6" wheels on the Sentra SE-R.

It is possible to run a 35mm offset which will bring the rim closer to the outside of the car and away from the struts. This is done when very wide tires are used which would hit the struts with a 40mm offset wheel.

Lew
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
lshadoff said:
40mm is the offset for the stock 15x6" wheels on the Sentra SE-R.

It is possible to run a 35mm offset which will bring the rim closer to the outside of the car and away from the struts. This is done when very wide tires are used which would hit the struts with a 40mm offset wheel.

Lew

I run 15x7.5 +20 :cheers: I rolled the fenders though.
 

·
Spidey One
Joined
·
164 Posts
Tdizzle412 said:
Sport Edition Fox 2 Sport, thats the rims my boss has he just took off his scion today..Yeah theyre 15's but they are the color wheel I like for my car color my cars in my sig..These rims are in excellent condition and he wants to sell all four of them for 200 to me. What you guys think should I buy them cause the deals just too good to pass up?
:cheers:

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Disp...heelMake=Sport+Edition&wheelModel=Fox+2+Sport

Definitely those rims will look phat on your ride...not a bad way to start mods on your car....especially for the price they quoted you :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
xbrandonx said:
what color is your car, those wheels will look great on most cars though
It's that burgandy-purple color..Thats the best wheel color for my car tho I think..I might paint my car black in the spring..So them wheels will still look sweet :cheers:

PS. My cars in my signature
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,308 Posts
i have found that with those "crayola" colors bronze wheels make it look pretty bad ass! i have never liked the vivid teal but i have seen someones car who has gold wheels and a c/f hood and the car looks better than any color i have seen! its great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
429 Posts
offset

This may sound stupid, but how do you measure offset? I mean the rim's i want are in my sig, and i want to know if the offset is correct. I've already figured out that i'm going to run 205/40/17's i just want to know how to measure offset to make sure they'll fit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1.6pete said:
i have found that with those "crayola" colors bronze wheels make it look pretty bad ass! i have never liked the vivid teal but i have seen someones car who has gold wheels and a c/f hood and the car looks better than any color i have seen! its great.
So the car you seen with the carbon fiber hood and gold wheels was the same color of my car and it looked good..Maybe I should keep my car that color then..What do you guys think? :cheers:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,308 Posts
na the car i saw was the teal color. but you can, with work and money, make the crayola colors look pretty good. some people $ to have their cars painted those colors so they stick out...............you got it for free :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,818 Posts
Terran200sx said:
This may sound stupid, but how do you measure offset? I mean the rim's i want are in my sig, and i want to know if the offset is correct. I've already figured out that i'm going to run 205/40/17's i just want to know how to measure offset to make sure they'll fit.
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/offset.htm

- Measure the width of the rim (outside edges).
- Put a straight edge across the outside of the rim and measure the distance from the mounting surface to the straight edge.
- Divide the rim width by two and subtract the distance from the mounting surface to the edge. This is the offset.

Lew
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
429 Posts
lshadoff said:
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/offset.htm

- Measure the width of the rim (outside edges).
- Put a straight edge across the outside of the rim and measure the distance from the mounting surface to the straight edge.
- Divide the rim width by two and subtract the distance from the mounting surface to the edge. This is the offset.

Lew
so wait, what would that make a 17x7?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,818 Posts
Terran200sx said:
so wait, what would that make a 17x7?
It would make it a 17 x 7.

The measurement method is for any wheel. The setback is how far from center (in mm) the mounting surface is located.

Lew
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top