Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what everyone has. I dont have anything yet, but will by the end of the weekend. Theres always space for upgrades. Im open for advice on brand and size. Thanks

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Alpine CDA-7864 Headunit
Kenwood 1782 6.5" speakers in the doors
Panasonic EAK-WG25 10" subwoofer
Kenwood 100w amplifier
Custom (read: really ugly but functional) sub box
Monster Cable wiring

Pretty happy with the whole mess, not really enough sub power and the box is too large, but pretty decent for a first attempt. The headunit tears it up - I get nothing but compliments and the SQ is incredible for onboard power.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
reminds me of the system I had in my tempo. two tens in screwy boxes powered by a 250 watt amp. I now have a ten in a costum box I made myself (its dont right) powered by the same 250 watt amp. I havent installed it yet but Im buying the wiring kit tonight and should have it installed tomarrow.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the Box I built for the ten, is incredible. It puts out more sound then my two tens I had before. Although the 200watts I have oushing arent even close to the speakers max....there is a very nice sound. I cant wait till Wensday, I get to put my CAI on....I guess once you start you really cant stop.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just got my Polk Audio/Momo component set in the mail yesterday. Here's what they look like http://www.polkmomo.com/mm465.html
The problem is that the woofers/midranges are way to big to put in my doors. The magnets are huge and would hit the window when it's rolled down. I don't want to have to make custom kickpanels because I don't want it to get in the way of my dead pedal. (I have a manual tranny) By the way I have an Aiwa CDC X317 headunit. I'm going to get a two channel amp to run the Momo components. I plan on getting a Momo 12" sub later.

J

·
0 Posts
Pioneer headunit
Memphis 6 1/2 door speakers
2 Memphis HPO 12"s
MTX box
AudioBahn 18001D amp @ 4 ohms right now (subs are too weak)
Stinger 4 guage wiring kit

and 148 dB's
get off me

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
Guess I'll add in my short-but-sweet system...

Alpine CDE-7826E head
Alpine PCXP652 speakers 6.5" (x2)
1.5" tweets on A-pillar

It gets the job done. Don't need the 140dbl subs, just clean sounding tunes. :)

J

·
0 Posts
clean sounding???
if you are trying to hint that my system may not be "clean" you are dead wrong. Not only are my highs good, but when my subs hit that clear bass that shakes my whole car and makes the top and sunroof vibrate I think of how much better it is than stock, or "semi-stock" in your case. have a good day ;)

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
john200sx said:
clean sounding???
if you are trying to hint that my system may not be "clean" you are dead wrong. Not only are my highs good, but when my subs hit that clear bass that shakes my whole car and makes the top and sunroof vibrate I think of how much better it is than stock, or "semi-stock" in your case. have a good day ;)

Hold the phone.... I'm not sure why you took my post the way you did, and I apologize if it came off as something other than it was meant to be. If you are perturbed about my "Don't need the 140dbl subs, just clean sounding tunes" statement, that is your business. I simply stated that my "semi-stock" audio system sounds clean to me . I am quite aware what that kind of power can sound like, and it is very impressive when tuned. A lot of blood, sweat, and tears goes into making a system with that much power sound CLEAN. I prefer, as stated in other posts around this Forum, to indulge in performance modifications over audio --- thus only having a basic setup. I did not hint at anything. Lighten up. Enjoy the forum. :)

·
Its a JEEP thing...
388 Posts
Mine:

Pioneer Premier head unit
1.5 Pioneer tweets
6.5 Blaupunkts front
6.5 Alpines rear deck
10" 100 watt Kenwood amplified tube
Rockford Fosgate wiring

lightweight and clean...and removable to be able to lay the smackdown on 200sx se's w/148dbls at the track...:D :D

I'm just playin witcha John200sx...

·
Tuner/Mechanic
266 Posts
here's mine.
~Sony cdx-4750 deck
~MTX 5.25" fronts
~Blaupunkt 6.5" components w/1" tweets and xover
~3-MB Quart 10s (6 ohm) wired in series for 2 ohm load on a
~Rockford 150a2

sounds clean, hard hitting, and loud. 138 db. but thats too loud for me to even sit in the car.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Blaupunkt huston cd player
Pioneer 6.75 3way in the doors[crystal clear]
jensen 6.5 in the deck[disapointed]
2 Jensen 350w amps[200 mono sub each]
1 infinity perfect 12" sub in q-logic box[sub is awsome, box sounds hollow]

im working on a custom encloser to fit in the spare tire well
to get back my trunk and to help cut weight i dont need...may need to cut back a amp do to the smaller encloser but it doesnt even sweat with 400w making it jump..

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you'll laugh at this

well I finally got everything up and running.....it sounded great but 3 days after the install my amp just dies, it was its time to go. I didnt pay anything for it so I wasnt too upset.

N

·
0 Posts
I am a custom car audio, and mobile video installer at Audio King in St. Paul, MN. I ususally keep up on all the latest gadgets for cars, which is pretty cool I think. I have an Alpine head unit, ran to a BD1000 mono block Rockford power amp. The 1000 pushes three ten inch Rockford HX2 subs, very nicely. The subs are surrounded by a complete custom set up that fills the space of the trunk (which is what trunks are for.......right?) It includes white vinyl rapped around the subs, borderd by red vinyl, and the rest of my entire trunk is bright red crushed velvet to match my car. I also have a punch 400a running my Diamond audio front components w/ flush mount tweets, and pioneer rear speakers for rear fill. I am very pleased with the result of this setup. Monitors are in the near future.

·
Registered
323 Posts
well the last guy has me beat with that sub system but I'm running a Pioneer Premier 740MP, some rockford fosgate 6 1/2s up front, sony's in the rear, a RF 700s amp, two 12 inch RF HE2's, monster cap, all rockford wiring, and rf matrix cabling, 60 bucks for some freakin RCAs, I think if you bought the subs and amp and cap you'd pay around 1200 to 1400 dollars retail, and the 6 1/2s were cheap in comparison at about 220 for both, and 400 for the head unit, but working in the install bay at Best Buy has it's advantages I get those 200 dollar a piece subs at cost :) i have plans to stick a 500x four channel rockford on all the six and a halfs but I want to get rid of all of them first, they couldn't handle what I'm hoping to put into them, i've had that sub system in for two weeks and just blew the first sub, so I'm about to take them all out and work with some buddys of mine with some audiobahm subs and diff amp, and I have about 15 square feet of dynamat in the back but I want to do the whole car so I'll buy another 25 before the end of the summer

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
My piece.

I have a pretty nice system.

Mcintosh MX 406 HU with MPM 4000 meters
Orion Concept 97/2 digital eq
Phaze Audio tube driver 1500
Dynaudio system 240
Mcintosh MC443M sub amp
Alumapro ALchemy 12"

Custom kicks and other misc. crap. SOunds pretty good. Have pictures of the kick install on my site.

www.wes.nissanpower.com

R

·
0 Posts
blapunkt 180watt deck
kicker comp 12's (2)
fosgate 6.5 (4)
and power accustic 760 watt amp:D

B

·
0 Posts
Eclipse 5442 deck
MB-Quart Seperates with X-over in front
MB-Quart Coaxil in rear
Two Kenwood amps
Two 10' Subs in OBCON boxes
The only things you can see are the tweeeters up close to the windows on the doors. Everything else in side the car is in factory locations.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts