Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
See you in the rear view
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
My girlfriend has said that she wants to get me something for my car for my birthday. She wants to spend about 2 to 3 hundred bucks. So, I'm trying to think what I should have her get. I don't want to get a CAI because someday I hope to get either a supercharger or a turbo charger so I may have to take that off, but what besides that would you get if you were going to spend 200-300 bucks? It could be something like a performance tachometer or something more functional and performance based. Opinions?
Thanks,
Fletch

·
ZPOOLNZ
1,609 Posts
WTF performance tach?

Get a JWT pp-charger.
You could get some springs, or other little suspension parts.
Also you could look into getting a plenum.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
put it towards headers. if you supercharge you can still keep them.

edit: this is assuming you of course already have an exhaust :)

·
See you in the rear view
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JAMESZ said:
WTF performance tach?

Get a JWT pp-charger.
You could get some springs, or other little suspension parts.
Also you could look into getting a plenum.
You know what I mean by performance tach. A dash mounted after market tach. Sorry to offend you by saying "performance."

·
ZPOOLNZ
1,609 Posts
FletchSpecV said:
You know what I mean by performance tach. A dash mounted after market tach. Sorry to offend you by saying "performance."
There is no need in ever having one of those in your car. The stock tachometer is more then you will ever need. Your car isn't a drag car and it isn't an al out race car it is a street car and will never require the use of said "tach". Invest your money in go parts not parts that give the appearance of speed.

·
Back in a Nissan....
105 Posts
JAMESZ said:
Invest your money in go parts not parts that give the appearance of speed.
Werd :cheers:

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
FletchSpecV said:

Why the heck do you feel the need for 2 tachs?

·
Back in a Nissan....
105 Posts
I see it all the time on Honduhs. I can understand adding a shift light, but twin tachs seems like a waste of time, money, and space. IMO

·
ZPOOLNZ
1,609 Posts
Sterling2000 said:
I see it all the time on Honduhs. I can understand adding a shift light, but twin tachs seems like a waste of time, money, and space. IMO
350Zs have a shift light stock.

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
3-fity said:
Aftermarket intake on the Z33 doesn't add much if any power. I would start investing in suspension.... or maybe save the money for tires. You might have the tire feathering issue.
True on the Z33 but in theory more air going in (intake) needs more air going out (exhaust). These are the basic of any person who wants more hp.

·
See you in the rear view
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I already thought about an intake but I'm trying not to buy anything I'm going to replace later when I further mod the engine. Since I plan on either getting a SC or a TT kit eventually I'm not gonna buy an intake yet. I'm trying to think of things in this price range that I can get that will carry over. I like the idea of doing the suspension, but can you guys give your opinions on which setups you would go with and the cost? Sorry about the tach thing earlier, I'm just throwing things out there and I can't think of many things performance wise that cost in that range that won't have to come off when I turbo/SC it. I was thinking maybe a seat of some kind but that's kind of moving out of the price range again. I would really like to do the suspension though, so throw out your opinions. Thanks again,
Fletch

·
ZPOOLNZ
1,609 Posts
Koni makes good struts and shocks. All my friends are using a certain aftermarket spring, but off the top of my head I can't remember it. I will find out tomorrow and post it. Also Hotchkis sways are really good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'd do a set of pulleys, most likley unorthodox. you'll see a definate power increase all through out the rpm range. Just remember you have them when you do that supercharger.

·
Registered
27 Posts
NickZac said:
put it towards headers. if you supercharge you can still keep them.

edit: this is assuming you of course already have an exhaust :)
Yes what NickZac said. Headers all the way. It might be a little out the price range, but see what you can do..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts