Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know I have been toying with the idea of swapping a low compresion SR20DE with boost into my XE. You dont have to tell me how much work it will be cuz I have done enough research and found that I must be mad to do it. With that aside, I find Project 200SX's dyno results interesting... I am wondering if its possible to build a low comp GA fo mega boost. How far can the lil GA go with internal work? pistons, rods, ect.. Would I be better off buying a used GA, Building it in my spare time, then just swapping it in, since it would bolt right in for me?? Mike Y, If you are reading this, do you plan on something like this? Are you gonna open up the motor and build it for lots more boost with the stage 2 kit? If so, maybe I will put my SR hunting on hold and see what happens with the 200SX. Do you plan on pushing the GA to its limits with boost? Errgh.. I wanna go fast damn it, and if I could do it in GA style that would be hella sweet :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
you know i've been thinking the same thing..[about extreme boost on a ga] your going to have to lower the comp. ratio to really get it to push high boost no#'s..mybe a block to head spacer or even over bore it to fit sr20 tubo pistons[if they will fit]..since i first heard of the hotshot kit..i've already started setting money aside..im even thinking of building a used block[you can get one for about 300-500 bucks in good shape and less miles than my current 80+k mile ga] dont get me wrong my motor is still strong but i would rather do it once and only once..
im sure they got a good handle on what they want to do or need to do..i just want to say thanks for the gauge hook up i ordered it
sat....im just going to strighten up the little things[looks interior and exterior] til when i can start looking for a big T to put at the end of my se [SE-T]hahaha....

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SXSENIS,
Which gauge part did you get, Ive got so many gauge posts going on its hard to keep track :) Let me know how it works out.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey PatScott, in regards to your question about a built up GA, I have started that journey in my spare time and have been going at it for sometime now. My goal for the motor I am building is to have it push over 300hp to the wheels. Now regarding the compression ratio, I will be going for 8.2:1 so that I can run big boost and have a 100shot NOS kit to back it up. I am still going to keep this 1.6L as much as possible.:D

·
Registered
327 Posts
which part

i tried to order the greddy peice sat., but when i checked my em i saw that i had to call it in..so i'll call it in today..ill try ,if want, post some pics but it'll be in about a month..i geuss i'm going to try it with my next oil change.now i can put my gauges back in..

·
Registered
156 Posts
300 horsepower?

Chef,

Man!

Wouldn't that be enough to twist up the uniframe? I mean, wouldn't you kinda have to gut the interior & build a rigid cage to augment the frame to handle all that torque?

Makes my humble ambition of a new intake & headers seem pale. All I want is 10+ more comfortable, reliable & trouble-free years from my Sentra. Slightly more power onto the freeway & around big trucks will also be cool.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Wow!

I had no idea. Maybe these cars are built even more rugged than I thought.

That just seems like an incredible amount of power! Are those cars street-legal?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts