Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a T-3 turbo from a Lancia Delta HF Intergrale on my hand.

But will this turbo be a good turbo for the ga16de engine?

Or will a T-25/T-28 be a better turbo.

I hate to have alot of turbo lag, but will this turbo make a lot of lag?

Thanks.

·
800+ posts
822 Posts
The T3 is a little big, I think, for the GA16DE. Maybe it would be a good turbo for a larger displacement 4-cylinder, perhaps 2.0 litre or more. The T3 would just have too much lag for the 1600cc displacement. I think the best ratings for the GA16DE are being pulled out off T28 turbos, whether the "disco potato" or not. I know Wes here on the Forums runs a T28, as do most of the Hotshot turbo kit guys. I personally am going to run a T25; good spool at lower rpms to compensate for the GA16DE low-end lack of power.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have found a T-25 with exhause house with AR47, will this be a good turbo?

Sorry bad english...

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
it has AR 47 in the exhaust housing .
That is a small T25. I would rather see you use a larger T2 series turbo or a T3. Many people that have not built a turbo car complain about perceived turbo lag. It is what it is. Personally I want a linear power band, not a useless wall of boost that results in nothing but wheel spin.

My car uses a GT28RS and anyone who has ridden in or driven in my car thinks it is an NA car because of how linear the power band is. Makes 7 PSI by 2800 RPM's and full boost (14-16 PSI) by 4000 rpms. As a result I can mash the throttle in second gear and barely get wheel spin as I hit full boost. The car just hooks and goes. I have gotten in to it with other turbo QR's and SR20's that are surprised when I drive away while they are spinning their tires. I previously used a T28 turbo from the pulsar GTi-R and it had a similar power band but was not quite as linear as the GT28RS.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im hoping for 200hk with cams, fuel pressure regulator and Walbro 255 fuel pump.

But the smaller the AR is on a turbo the faster it will spool up?

I want the Turbo pressure to begin on 3000rpm and go all the way out to 6800rpm that is the rev block.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Im hoping for 200hk with cams, fuel pressure regulator and Walbro 255 fuel pump.

But the smaller the AR is on a turbo the faster it will spool up?

I want the Turbo pressure to begin on 3000rpm and go all the way out to 6800rpm that is the rev block.
If you choose too small of a turbo it will spool too quickly and die up top. Many people who are nto familiar with turbo setups make this mistake. Even on a GTi-R T28 turbo which is a .86 T25 exhaust housing I made 8 PSI by 2900 rpms's and 14+ psi by 4000. I would go with a slightly larger turbo to have a nice linear powerband! If you chosoe too small of a turbo it will spool instantly, spin the tires, and have the turbo fall off up top.

·
800+ posts
822 Posts
How do you figure out your turbo's AR rating? I haven't dealt much with Garrett turbos, and I got mine used off a friend. I just know it is a stock SR20DET T25... I read somewhere it is like an AR80 rating? I think that is too high, though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have B12 with swaping the engine with GA 16 DE and use turbo from toyota galaza GT. The turbo is CT12, and the presure of bost is 0,5bar. without any change on the engine. my GA16DE can bite 4 A-GE from toyota. For 1/4 mill a have 16.9 sec....first my engine is E16

1 - 12 of 12 Posts