Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 08 SE a while back so I don’t know it’s history other than wrecks. The truck has a new big screen radio. I want to Remove the radio. The radio is a Dual. So I went and bought original radio to install. I was removing it and whom ever installed it used a new harness to fit radio. Original one is missing. So I can’t just swap it. I need the harness that fits on original radio and onto the original harness. Or is there another way? All wires are labeled. It would be a mess to splice it all. I think all I need is a harness that mates with harness under dash and to radio harness. Is there a part number for the harness or do I splice it?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
There's no separate radio harness on a stock D40 except the antenna harness. If you have the correct OE radio and the big screen installers used adaptor harnesses, you should be able to simply remove the adaptors and plug in the OE. If the installers cut-and-spliced instead of using adaptors, then you really don't have any choice but to raid the JY and restore the connections. If the OE connectors are there but don't match, then you probably got the wrong OE radio. There are at least two trim levels for every MY of the Frontier, more than two in most MY's. If that's the case you should plug your VIN into NissanPartsDeal and get the part number for your original equipment, then use that to google and locate the correct unit.

·
Banned
3 Posts
There's no separate radio harness on a stock D40 except the antenna harness. If you have the correct OE radio and the big screen installers used adaptor harnesses, you should be able to simply remove the adaptors and plug in the OE. If the installers cut-and-spliced instead of using adaptors, then you really don't have any choice but to raid the JY and restore the connections. If the OE connectors are there but don't match, then you probably got the wrong OE radio. There are at least two trim levels for every MY of the Frontier, more than two in most MY's. If that's the case you should plug your VIN into NissanPartsDeal and get the part number for your original equipment, then use that to google and locate the correct unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sorry to respond so late. Had lots to do with moving and crap. I checked the radio I have and it is the correct one for my truck. Numbers match. The radio in truck now has a different harness installed and plugged into radio. The harness adapter is about 8” long with splice in the middle. So new plugs on each end ??? IDK
The plug coming to radio is original to truck with adapter attached. So my question or thought is if I unplug this adapter from radio and unplug other end from wiring can I plug that end from harness to radio and it work?
im thinking they both are original and should plug into each other. Probably not clear on this but not sure I know what’s going on here. So if you can follow what I’m saying am I correct in my assumptions ?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
The plug coming to radio is original to truck with adapter attached. So my question or thought is if I unplug this adapter from radio and unplug other end from wiring can I plug that end from harness to radio and it work?
Sounds like it's a jumper harness. If so, you should just be able to remove it and use the factory plugs. Just check to make sure they didn't cut and re-route anything, if so you'll need to restore the original connections.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts