Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, im about to buy a 89-94 240sx to make into a track project car. I would like to ask the pros around here what are some of the basic things to get before starting to really mod the car?

I was told to replace bushings, because these old models tend to have them in bad condition.. should i just do suspension, or also mounts, is there a company that sells a kit?

Also ofcourse the routine oil change, oil filter, spark plugs, wires, anything else?

I was also told something about putting a spacer in the rear xmember, because those bushings tend to brake and give traction problems.. do they and is this spacer thing a good idea?

Any thing else that springs to mind?

Thanks in advance to all! :thumbup:

·
Registered
139 Posts
First, get a 91-93 240sx since they are DOHC. 89-90 model years are SOHC. All 94 240sx's are convertibles. Before modifying the car, a tune up is highly recommended. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea definately a Dohc! people have told me to include in the tune up the o2 sensor, coolant thermostat, is this really needed?

·
Registered
319 Posts
I would recommend replacing the tie rods, tie rod ends, steering rack bushings, and front and rear LCA ball joints.

If you want some good information on building a S13 track car, click here. Good information on weight savings, project costs, and lots of articles on the buildup.

Best of luck, and let us know what happens.

-Andy

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
josesantiago57 said:
yea definately a Dohc! people have told me to include in the tune up the o2 sensor, coolant thermostat, is this really needed?
Replacing the 02 sensor definitely isn't a bad idea. As for thermostat, Nismo makes thermostats that open at lower temp. This probably isn't a bad idea. However, if you're doing a track car, first thing you should is yank the A/C. Removing the A/C radiator will increase air flow to the coolant radiator. The stock 240SX radiator is a tiny piece of crap. Replace it with a larger one immediately; the stock radiator is not large enough to cool the KA24. I use a Koyo aluminum radiator. I still use the stock thermostat, and mine stays nice and cool.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts