Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well thiers a 97 200sx Se-r near me and I drove out to see it today. It's in good condition clear history looks good paints surprisingly good for black. Thing is the rear right wheel towards the door thiers rust... Its probally 2 inches running the length of the curve of the fender well and goes about an inch at most into the body panel...how would i get rid of it if i bought the car

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
bondo it up.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
T200Sx said:
Well thiers a 97 200sx Se-r near me and I drove out to see it today. It's in good condition clear history looks good paints surprisingly good for black. Thing is the rear right wheel towards the door thiers rust... Its probally 2 inches running the length of the curve of the fender well and goes about an inch at most into the body panel...how would i get rid of it if i bought the car
The only really good thing to do with rust is to cut it out and replace the section with good metal, but Bondo is an alternative. If it's not rusted all the way through, I'd sand or grind it off, and paint it. If you think it's too bad to do that, you could get it as smooth as possible and use some of that stuff that is supposed to make rust inert (usually turns it black), then you could try to smooth that down and paint it. It won't look perfect, but it may keep it from rusting through for a while.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I went back the other day to look at the car while the place was open... I found rust in both of the door jams basically right below both speakers in the doors...It isnt just surface rust tho it has gone through a little bit...What should i do? avoid it like the plague or try and talk them down a bit and take care of the rust..which in that area i am puzzled on what to do.. Please help guys

·
Registered
204 Posts
Most if not all B14 in moist/snowy areas have this problem. Mine does, and like a dozen others on these forums. I'm getting it repaired with the rest of my car and repainted, those pieces will have to be taken out and replaced with new metal.

·
Whoa...
2,073 Posts
ASsman said:
Most if not all B14 in moist/snowy areas have this problem. Mine does, and like a dozen others on these forums. I'm getting it repaired with the rest of my car and repainted, those pieces will have to be taken out and replaced with new metal.
ask to take it to a body shop and get an estimate to fix it...

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
mine is so bad one one of my rear wheel wells it needs to be cut out. how do you suggest i replace the metal? go to a junk yard and see if thell cut a good wheel well off a car? im no good at rehaping metal, so im just wondering.

·
Whoa...
2,073 Posts
landlord said:
mine is so bad one one of my rear wheel wells it needs to be cut out. how do you suggest i replace the metal? go to a junk yard and see if thell cut a good wheel well off a car? im no good at rehaping metal, so im just wondering.
a yard isnt going to cut metal, maybe pull the whole fender out, get a shop to put it on/ paint if necessary...

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
BlankgazeX said:
a yard isnt going to cut metal, maybe pull the whole fender out, get a shop to put it on/ paint if necessary...

i like to do body work myself, im pretty damn good at it too eventhough i've had no formal training. any other options? its a rear fender too, is there a way to pull a the rear fender out? i thought it was part of the shell of the car meaning cutting is inevitable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts