Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been doing some research, i want to go with ngk v-power plugs and ngk wire{those blue ones} is there anyone had them on? how do they work? or please some detailly advise whichone is good on the car . btw,my car is all stock and runs good. thank you very much!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the NGK racing spark plub wires. Go on ngk.com, and you'll see. They are very nice: smoother idle, and better acceleration.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks bro! and also what kind plugs are you useing?would the NGK V-power better than the OEM plugs?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm using the NGK IX-Iridium plugs. Very nice.

Hmm....According to NGK, the V-Power plugs are OEM, so it they would just be the same.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also my car is all stock, if i just put on these IX-Iridium plugs, and ngk wire , would the spark be to strong, cuz some body told me he heard a stock car with g-power got a engine shaking issue when the car was driven on the hill and hot weather. i dont know i should beilive it or not, how about you car do you think stronger spark will effect the car like that in a negative way?

·
Registered
10 Posts
ok, want to know whats the best u can get? Go for Denso Iridium Spark plugs. why?

Construction of NGK and Denso plugs is similar for the most part, the big difference being Denso's use of a 0.4mm Iridium tipped centre electrode - claimed to be the world's smallest production centre electrode, where NGK's IX centre electrode is 0.6mm. As with NGK Iridium, and indeed most other spark plugs, the narrower the centre electrode is, the lower the potential difference (voltage) that is required to jump the gap between centre and ground electrodes.

You can get more info here Iridium spark plugs by NGK and Denso

as for the wires yeh go for NGK, just whatever u do DONT buy the Nology Hot wires. here we go....

Electrical devices, including SPARK PLUGS, use only the electrical energy necessary to perform the function for which such devices are designed. IGNITION WIRES are nothing other than conductors, and whereas an ignition wire's inefficient or failing conductor or insulating jacket (particularly a jacket inside grounded metal shielding) can reduce the flow of electricity to the spark plug, an ignition wire that allegedly generates an "increase" in spark energy will have no effect on the spark jumping across the spark plug gap, as the energy consumed at the spark plug gap won't be any more than what is needed to jump the gap (e.g. a 25 watt light bulb won't use any more energy or produce any more light if it's screwed into a socket wired to supply current to a 100,000 watt light bulb).
So in short, you will be spending good money on crap that u could spend on other better stuff that will actually make a difference. I mean its not totaly crap, it does help, just dont expect some power gain, as ull get non.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so your saying that dosnt matter what the spark plugs are, the most important thing is the wires, am i right on this one

·
Registered
10 Posts
err no. im saying cables are cables. and unless ur trying to transmit digital signals throught it, u shouldnt worry about how good they are as long as they move the current they need to move. what im saying is that the only real difference u get by putting cables and sparks on ur car is maybe a little better milage and a more even spark at med and high revs, probably a better smother idle but thats all. Dont expect ANY power gains.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i would better take does 300 bucks and buy a filter and exhaust. you will LOVE the sound and u will actually feel some powergain, specially if u live at sea level. First thing i did to my b14 was that, cold air intake filter. and i dont regret it. Right now ive spent about 3200 dollars on it, suspension and engine and i havent bothered changing cables or sparks, i just feel im wasting my money.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok thats real helpful , i am not expecting some hp gaining, just to save some gas know my car better, change it right, make the car better, that is all i want.

·
Registered
10 Posts
ok glad to be of help. if ur buying that stuff then go for the ngk cables and the denso spark plugs, just as i said before WHATEVE you do DONT buy nology cables or cheap rubber ducky brand cables.

·
Registered
505 Posts
err no. im saying cables are cables. and unless ur trying to transmit digital signals throught it, u shouldnt worry about how good they are as long as they move the current they need to move. what im saying is that the only real difference u get by putting cables and sparks on ur car is maybe a little better milage and a more even spark at med and high revs, probably a better smother idle but thats all. Dont expect ANY power gains.
This is a good point. There is no HP gains from racing plugs and wires. Just get a set of Auto lites and plugs from Advance and save your money. HP gains from plugs will get you as much as a CAI (zero!) Autolites will get you just has good of gas mileage as any plug out there.

Jason

1 - 14 of 14 Posts