Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup,

Well Ive got an 87 XE, lil rust and well used. My question is, What should I do with it? Ive had it for 3 or 4 months and havent even driven it on the road yet(legally anyways). Give me some inspration.

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Your sig says that you use it for rallying. So why not turn it into a dedicated rally/autocross car. These cars handle really well but they have very little power. That's why autoX is perfect, power is not important, I spin my inside tire in 2nd gear around tight corners. They are also great daily drivers/winter beaters. Whatever you do, don't sell it, B12 enthusiasts are few and far between, we want to keep these cars around as long as possible.

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RiceBox, I've made a promise to myself...Never sell any Sentra I ever own. I cant wait to beat that thing this summer.lol

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
PatScottAKA99XE said:
RiceBox, I've made a promise to myself...Never sell any Sentra I ever own. I cant wait to beat that thing this summer.lol
So why did you ask what you should do with it??? What are the choices??

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RiceBox,

Choices - Stock rally beater,Stock winter beater, "Restore"/DET swap, Lawn ornament,Boat anchor(j/k)

·
Registered
258 Posts
You guys are overlooking a very easy swap. The CA18DET. It was produced in Japan as a FWD engine. All of the necessary parts for the swap can be obtained from the pulsar SE which was produced in the states with a CA18DE. I have seen many at the junk yards. The CA engines are not very popular and can be obtained with tranny, turbo, ECU, and all for around $1200 last time I checked. The wiring harness is interchangable between the N/A and turbo versions. You could prolly just get the engine for much cheaper and use the CA20 tranny from the old Stanza for longer gears and I beleive it is stronger. All of the other parts could be sourced from the Pulsar and I beleive you could have a 200 hp engine swap for under $1500 if you do the labor yourself and use cheap parts like a Starion intercooler. I have never given it any serious thought, so my numbers may be off a bit, but it is an option. JWT does do ECU programs or it, also easy upgrades would be 370cc injectors and a GTiR or S15 T-28 turbo. There is also the E15t, which Charles can tell you all about. Honestly though, I think he will tell you its not worth the trouble (Since he now has that badass turbo SR20). Let us not forget the GA16DE. Though its not a powerhouse, it will handle a 50 shot of NOS with no problem and can be good for around 150 hp. Alot of guys sell them cheap after doing SR swaps. Just some options. Have fun!
John

·
Moderator/ NPM staff
522 Posts
I've made a promise to myself...Never sell any Sentra I ever own.
My Brothas. . . . Can I get an "AMEN!"???

I seriously considered the CA18det and almost went with it. I know alot of the pulsar guys are running it with good results. Does anyone know which site those old school pulsar guys hang out?

The e-15t motor is a good swap, but just not enough to keep up with the big boys today. I think the e-15t is better off in a B11 sentra. I kept the E-16t I built to one day make a b11 sleeper/beater for daily driving. I think it would kick ass with a t-28 bolted on.

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
How much power does the CA18DE put out??? And with the turbo???

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
sentrastud said:
Come one guys, where the love for the GA16i....

Were these CA18DE's ever sold in Canada?

-Nick
They were in the Pulsar

Dropped89: Your car is beautiful!!! I'm diggin' the wheels

·
Soon to be GA16it
444 Posts
Hey guys if your looking for info on CA18DET check out
EXA CLUB . A lot of info on CA18DET transplant, mostly Australian EXA(Pulsar NX in NA). There is also a couple of Pulsar with SR20DET too.

·
Soon to be GA16it
444 Posts
Dropped 89, What's up Josh..? Hey I am one of those guys who asked for your dyno charts long time ago. Just want to share a pic of my homemade intake. It is warm air set up right now but I will be getting some custom bend pipe to relocate the filter near the wheel well like most CAI set-up. I've also adjusted the timing to 10 degrees like Dropped 89 suggested to me and installed a Magnaflow muffler with 2" exhaust. With the basic mods I got, the car runs much quicker, and able to keep up with some newer cars.

Still need some more work!!! I got to clean that engine too...hehehe

J

·
0 Posts
i've been reading up on this stuff and for around $3000 you could turn it into a 220hp bluebird turbo monster. I would love to see a b12 smoke an rsx.

·
Garage Sultan
1,173 Posts
Wow what a coincidence! I just beat an RSX today!! It wasnt a true beat, my friend had his RSX and wanted to Race me for fun. I told him to go easy on me, so he didnt rev up before the race.
The light turned green, he dumped the clutch and stalled! I sped off as best as you can with a virtually stock Sentra and actually won!!!

-Nick

1 - 20 of 27 Posts