Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i was just wondering, i have an e16s and only cars ive had before had v8's ion them. I also had the pleasure of driving a slant 6. So i was wondering what is the best range as far as fuel economy goes for the e16. i mean besides the fact to avoid hard acceleration etc. I usually shot for about 2000 rpm in the v8's. Is it same for the e16 just keep it low more or less or does it prefer to be a little higher up.

Seems like i have typed alot for such a small qustion haha anyways, any input is always a good time thanks.

·
M-Unit Racing
627 Posts
My 05 Sentra tends to run between 2 and 3k RPM doing about 55 down the highway. Its a little high IMO. It should be running in the high 1's and low 2's IMO. My 89 Sentra is the same exact way. For fuel economy, I get about 33 to 35 on the high way.

·
Proud owner of a GA16i
508 Posts
Both my B12 GA16i and B14 SR20DE run at about 3500 rpm at just under 70 mph. I think the smaller displacement is made up for in revs. My friend's newly rebuilt 70 corvette easily runs 2k cruising on the highway, and needs to only rev up to about 4.5k for big Hp. Compare that to our 4-bangers which get max power at about 5.5-6.5k rpm (though I'm not sure about the e16).

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have an E16s and at highway speeds it revs at around 3500. I too used to drive a slant 6 engine. I used to have a 73 Plymouth Duster. That engine was freakin' bullet proof. I loved it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah man i agree mine was an 80 volare that engine took alot of abuse haha, no oil, no water, no problem. Ahhh Good memories

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ha ha! You too eh? I was like 17 at the time and didn't know a whole hell of a lot about cars. I didn't check the fluids when I first bought my Duster. Turns out I had a water and oil leak. Rolled into a gas station just as the engine overheated and shut off. I let it cool off and then checked it out. No oil and no water. I figured it was over for that car. Filled the oil and water back up and the car ran like a champ again. One time I accidentally pumped diesel gas into it too. Stupid gas station had one pump with diesel and it was in the spot that was normally the regular unleaded gas spot. That car was screamin' like freight train all the way home. In fact it kept running after I shut it off. Next day I siphoned the gas out and replaced the spark plugs since they all basically melted. The car still ran excellent after all that. That slant 6 engine is a freakin' trooper. My E16 has taken some abuse as well but I doubt it could handle what that Plymouth did.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah mine was good, i was a few years younger and foolish. Neglected the oil light that was flickering before i went to fill up for a big road trip. About 1.5 hours later at average of 130km i blew a hole in the block the size of both my hand. The intake and exaust manifold were bright red, hahah awful. Yeah good times thanks to that slant 6. Probably the toughest engine made.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts