Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have hotshot CAI and custom cat back exhaust on my 2005 1.8 sentra. I have basically been follwing the tuning guide as money becomes available, i'm only 17 and work at a grocery store after school.

My parents wont let me get a header b/c we live in NY and they wont pass inspection. But they'll let me do anything else. I should soon have the money for the UR pulley and the sun auto hyper voltage system.

Just wondering where i can go from there, and please dont say turbo b/c i dont have 3K dollars.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im deffinately gonna try and get the pulley sometime soon. But what do u think about the hyper voltage system, is it worth the money and what kind of gains will it provide?

Is there something else i could get for a few extra hp?

·
Registered
270 Posts
chimp871 said:
I have hotshot CAI and custom cat back exhaust on my 2005 1.8 sentra. I have basically been follwing the tuning guide as money becomes available, i'm only 17 and work at a grocery store after school.

My parents wont let me get a header b/c we live in NY and they wont pass inspection. But they'll let me do anything else. I should soon have the money for the UR pulley and the sun auto hyper voltage system.

Just wondering where i can go from there, and please dont say turbo b/c i dont have 3K dollars.
Are you saving every single dollar you earn? I work at Super Target and getting 7 bucks an hour and I've managed to get 160 bucks from one check and then 25 the first one.....on friday that will be my third one but I have to pay my car note which is 189

·
PowerdBySteamtoCookRice
281 Posts
Pharrari said:
Are you saving every single dollar you earn? I work at Super Target and getting 7 bucks an hour and I've managed to get 160 bucks from one check and then 25 the first one.....on friday that will be my third one but I have to pay my car note which is 189
How many hours you work? Work not alot of hours that could be your problem.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I make $6.50 an hour as a cashier with time and a half on sundays. I usually work 4 to 5 days a week for about 4 hours each time. My parents still give me mots of my money but im trying to save for expensive things like car parts.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you were willing to do the hotshot header which is around 400 - 450 bucks then an APEXI SAFC a/f controller would also be a good upgrade. I would normally say that you should get it AFTER the e/i/h but since you cant get the header and you already have exhaust and intake the SAFC should give you between 3-5whp. I think an SAFC runs around 300 - 400 bucks, but you have to take it to a tuner shop to have them test it on a dyno to find accurate air/fuel ratios. Does that sound about right Mike?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts