Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what muffler would you suggest for the 3litre v6
im looking for something that sounds abit more ballsy than the stock exhaust but nothing too loud,

what has everyone else used for reference

thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
did you notice any difference in horsepower? or was the change all sound,
could you possibly put up a sound clip of the muffler because i cant find any

also which muffler was it the 6inch round? or something else

·
Registered
24 Posts
ya i noticed a big change in horsepower it was a 2.5 or 2.25 inlet with a 6 inch outlet it came off a cavalier i'll see what i can do about a soundclip

·
Registered
6 Posts
imperium, I've got a 40 series Flowmaster on my 4cyl HB w/ a K&N filter and it sounds pretty throaty, specially when downshifting into 2nd. Maybe contact Dynomax, they used to make a cat-back system for the HBs. A 40 series Flowmater might be a little too loud on a 6 cyl, but then again it might just be what you are looking for. Just some options.

tony

·
Registered
12 Posts
Tony:

What model number Flowmaster 40 fits the 4cyl HB? I have a 96 and might swap out the stock muffler.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 40 series Flowmaster on mine. Doesn't roar like a stang, obviously, but def has a beefy sound. I have to warn you that the drone is not soft...but I usually have my radio on pretty loud. I want to say the model was 4140 or something like that. I only did 2 in inlet/outlet as a 6 cyl NA motor doesn't need anything larger. could mess with the back pressure

·
Registered
6 Posts
Peter, you know, I don't know exactly. My friend works at a muffler shop and hooked me up with mine when I needed a new one. we didn't change the stock pipeing and he just welded in right in.

Sorry,
Tony

1 - 10 of 10 Posts