Nissan Forum banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

· XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,232 Posts
Roger,

Good stuff. Your exy looks nice.

May I ask why do you want to change back to the in-chennel weathershields/deflectors and put-up with the potential cause of rattles in the process?

Also, is this an old pic or have you installed the bonnet gas struts upside down yet again? LOL :)

· Registered
106 Posts

· # 0001 Bonavista Owner
509 Posts
aussietrail said:
Roger,

Good stuff. Your exy looks nice.

May I ask why do you want to change back to the in-chennel weathershields/deflectors and put-up with the potential cause of rattles in the process?

Also, is this an old pic or have you installed the bonnet gas struts upside down yet again? LOL :)
Jalal,

Re the weather shields - as you know I had the in-channel on the other X-T and they do tend to rattle somewhat. However, I have found that I prefer the look of the in-channel ones to the current ones - just a matter of preference - both do the job they're intended to do.

Re the bonnet struts - it may well be an old picture - I'll have to take a closer look. But I can assure you that they are installed correctly - thanks to your kind assistance.

As you also know, I crashed the hard drive on my computer recently and have been ever since trying to recover data/ pictures - I'm not surprised that I'm all mixed up at this point in time.........

Cheers = Roger

· # 0001 Bonavista Owner
509 Posts
xtrailer said:
Is that Gas Lid Cover similar to this?
eBay.ca: Nissan Gas Fuel Lid Cap Cover Skyline Xtrail Primera (item 180106206117 end time 18-Apr-07 16:00:17 EDT)
I mean, does the measures seems right for our X-Trails? Just need to make sure it will fit mine. Thanks.
Xtrailer:

It looks like it might fit.....

Here's where I got mine:

Nissan X-trail Car Auto Accessories - Maxdax Singapore Online Shopping

This is one of the places that many of our members source after market accessories and are very pleased with both the products and the supplier (Leng).

Hope this helps = Roger

· Registered
55 Posts
Roger,
How have the chrome door handle and and chrome licnce plate garnishes held up over the winter?
I am considering these for my Xty.
Thanks,
Rookie

· # 0001 Bonavista Owner
509 Posts
I had both these accessories on my previous X-T, which went thru one Canadian winter on the East Coast...

The LP Garnish held up quite well - the door handles were a different story.

I was not pleased with the door handle garnish - contacted the seller (MaxDax = Leng) and sent him some pics. He contacted the Mgr. who immediately said to replace them to me free of charge. Mfg suggested that the problem was a one-off.

I put another set of these on the Bonavista, which has just come thru it's first winter - the door handle garnish has held up quite well - just needs a little polish now...

Cheers = Roger

· XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,232 Posts
I've had all of these chrome accessories on my exy for over 4 years now and they still look brand new. All I do to them every now and then is polish them using the stainless steel polish and they look as shiny as the first day I put them on. We don't get the extreme winter here in Sydney however, but it does get really hot in summer, so that basically how they hold-up in another extreme weather conditions (FYI)

· Registered
101 Posts
I've just added an all black CAI to my Xtrail.
Makes it almost look stock OEM.

· # 0001 Bonavista Owner
509 Posts
I've just added an all black CAI to my Xtrail.
Makes it almost look stock OEM.

You're right about the "stock" look - much nicer than the silver one I had fitted to mine....

Are you pleased with the "response" to throttle ??

Cheers = Roger

· Registered
101 Posts
Hi Roger,

Yes, throttle response seems quite a bit crisper now.
LOVE the deep sound it gets high in the revs, especially after the butterfly's open.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.