Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Avtomat Kalashnikov
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright people, just wanna know what you guys have done/modified in your X-Trail. :)

I have currently done the ff: (its very minimal though :thumbdwn: )

-PIAA BlueVision headlight bulbs
-Polarg Hybrid super white front parklight bulbs
-Polished Aluminium tire valve covers
-Custom rear cargo compartment carpet (to protect plastic cargo panel from
scratches)
-double contact style wiring for sidemarkers

·
Fully Bolted + Juiced!
389 Posts
Engine:

Nismo Oil Catch Can (Polished Aluminum)
Nismo Oil Cap (Polished Aluminum)
Nismo Oil Reservoir Covers (Black)
Knock Sensor Grounded
Timing Advanced (17 BTDC)
Custom 2.5 Inch Straight Back Exhaust (Galvanized Steel)
Custom 2.5 Inch Downpipe (Galvanized Steel)
HP Racing Exhaust Canister with 4 Inch Outlet (Polished Aluminum)
AEM Cold Air Intake (Silver)
SS Autochrome Header 4-1 (Stainless Steel)
Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts (Polyurethane)
Midd Penn 66mm Bored Throttle Body (Crosshatch)
Jim Wolf Technology Balance Shaft Remover Kit

Exterior:

All Trim Match Painted
Front Ti Halogens
Stock Ti Mudguards
Debadged
5% Tint all Around (Except Windshield)
2004 X-Trail Clear Sideblinkers
Painted Front Grille
Motorage Rear Window Lip Spoiler
17x7 Konig GT-R Wheels (Clearcoat with Polished Lip)
Yokohama AVS Tires

Interior:

Pioneer Head Unit/CD Player

Mods still awaiting shipment:

Engine Cover (Carbon Fiber)
Nismo Pedals (Aluminum)
Nismo Shift Knob (Titanium)

What I'm buying this month:

New Wheels (Haven't decided which style)
Change all front light bulbs
Jalal tail light mod
Rear Halogen
Grounding Kit

I'll probably be hitting up the dyno on the 19th of next month so I'll let you guys know what number I put down. :cool:

·
XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,228 Posts
My mods

Well, apart from the mods that are mentioned on my xtrail web site:

http://jalalski.tripod.com/

I have also recently done the following:

* Upgraded the cluster dials from black to white (i.e. picked-up the dials from a Ti Xrail at the wreckers)

* Added a set of genuine nissan Ti tweeters (also from the wreckers)

* Changed the side blinkers to white.

* Replaced the tailgate garnish with a chrome one (instead of the colour-coded one that was there)

* Replaced the front grille with a chrome one (instead of the colour-coded one that was there)

On my wish list of things to do:

* Upgrade to 16" alloy wheels (hopefully to be sourced from the wreckers as well) :) I currently have a set of 15" alloys on mine.

* Get the centre multi-purpose console, which I've been hunting down for a while now.

* Get the back door handle (same as bove, still hunting)

* Get the roof mounted DVD system (aftermarket)

·
XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,228 Posts
Double Tail Exy

Hi Guys,

My latest mod is somewhat very exciting and it involves chaging the exhaust system from the cat. back with high flow sports muffler and double tail-pipes on the sides.

I have decided to go with 2 resonators to keep the noise level down and that was the perfect choice, as it is quiet as a mouse.

For all pics and a review, see the report I posted on the Aussie Forum HERE

Wow! :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
rear after market spoiler
xenon depot.net 6500k HID
megan racing CF muffler with titaninum tip
megan racing CAI
blue and green interior neons under dash under seats
pioneer deh7800 head unit
mtx RT2400x amp
audiobahn 12" sub
stinger cap
tinted rear window to match factory tint
30% tinted front windows
5% tinted windsheild banner
switched to mobile 1 synthic oil

thats all i can think of right now

·
Fully Bolted + Juiced!
389 Posts
Updated List

Engine:

Nismo Oil Catch Can (Polished Aluminum)
Nismo Oil Reservoir Covers (Black)
Knock Sensor Grounded
Timing Advanced (17 BTDC)
Custom 2.5 Inch Straight Back Exhaust (Aluminized Steel)
Custom 2.5 Inch Downpipe (Aluminized Steel)
HP Racing Exhaust Canister with 4 Inch Outlet (Polished Aluminum)
AEM Cold Air Intake (Silver)
SS Autochrome Header 4-1 (Stainless Steel)
Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts (Polyurethane)
Midd Penn 66mm Bored Throttle Body (Crosshatch)
Jim Wolf Technology Balance Shaft Remover Kit

Exterior:

All Trim Match Painted
Front Ti Halogens
Stock Ti Mudguards
Debadged
5% Tint all Around (Except Windshield)
2004 X-Trail Clear Sideblinkers
Painted Front Grille
Motorage Rear Window Lip Spoiler
17x7 L-R Racing Wheels (Aluminum with Polished Lip)
Yokohama AVS Tires

Interior:

Pioneer Head Unit/CD Player
K9 Car Alarm with Rear Impact Sensor

Mods due later in the year:

Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket
Match Ported Intake Manifold
Flywheel

And finally finish with the exterior of the X. It's something different. I'll post pics up once it's finished.

·
X-Trail Moderator
902 Posts
Wooo!
vveerryy nice !
double tail pipes looks cool :cool:

I wonder where you got the idea of using double resonators? :) (hahaha)

enjoy !

aussietrail said:
Hi Guys,
I have decided to go with 2 resonators to keep the noise level down and that was the perfect choice, as it is quiet as a mouse.

·
XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,228 Posts
ValBoo said:
Wooo!
I wonder where you got the idea of using double resonators? :) (hahaha)

enjoy !
Do you have to ask? LOL :)

On the weekend, I just couldn't help myself from going to the driveway every now and then and starting up my exy just to listen to the symphony of power. hehehe

·
Registered
150 Posts
Crap Mine is the Most close to Stock I guess...
Grounding Kit
AULTEC Front strut bar
JAOS Front Lower Arm bar
K&N Air filter
De-cated header
Rims:stock
tyres:Goodyear Eagle NCT5 235/60R16

Btw guys I am thinking of getting NISMO rims for the car(the one which u can find on the R-tune R34 GTR) will they fit our car and what size are they???
and yea how much does the Oil catch can cost??? mind posting a pic of yr engine bay?

·
Fully Bolted + Juiced!
389 Posts
Sergei_dekker said:
Crap Mine is the Most close to Stock I guess...
Grounding Kit
AULTEC Front strut bar
JAOS Front Lower Arm bar
K&N Air filter
De-cated header
Rims:stock
tyres:Goodyear Eagle NCT5 235/60R16

Btw guys I am thinking of getting NISMO rims for the car(the one which u can find on the R-tune R34 GTR) will they fit our car and what size are they???
and yea how much does the Oil catch can cost??? mind posting a pic of yr engine bay?
Got my oil catch can on Ebay for $16.00 including shipping. The Nismo whelss you can get are the ones intended for the 350Z (Fairlady) or the Altima/Maxima. The Skyline wheels are too wide.

·
Registered
222 Posts
the catch can is ment for the XT??

or are they universal?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Terranismo said:
Got my oil catch can on Ebay for $16.00 including shipping. The Nismo whelss you can get are the ones intended for the 350Z (Fairlady) or the Altima/Maxima. The Skyline wheels are too wide.
How many Inches are they??? oh yes can u confirm that the Xty shares brakes with the altima???

·
Fully Bolted + Juiced!
389 Posts
The catch can is universal. It went on with no problems whatsoever.

The Skyline wheels are 8 inches (at least) of width.

The Murano discs seem (again SEEM) to be a direct bolt-on to the X. I'm planning on later upgrading to Brembo Murano blanks with Pagid or EBC pads.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Terranismo said:
The catch can is universal. It went on with no problems whatsoever.

The Skyline wheels are 8 inches (at least) of width.

The Murano discs seem (again SEEM) to be a direct bolt-on to the X. I'm planning on later upgrading to Brembo Murano blanks with Pagid or EBC pads.
If so please let us know if they Fit....as I find the Xtys braking power appalling...Cos I am thinking of either Fitting Silvia S15 brakes or the R32's brakes

·
Fully Bolted + Juiced!
389 Posts
R32 brakes would be overkill, especially if you don't install a manual proportioning valve to regulae brake pressure to the rear wheels. I actually find the front brakes quite strong, but the rear brakes leave a lot to be desired.

I took a good look at a Murano the other day and it seems the front rotors will fit without any issues, but the rears won't as they use a floating caliper instead of the disc/drums the X has.

A friend of mine has a Murano so I'll ask him if he can fit 15 inch wheels on his truck. I need to know this, since I already have some 15 inch steel wheels to mount when I go drag racing again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
these are a lot of modifications!

have not really done anything to my ride. i love it the way it is.

changed my halogen lamps to higher wattage and put in a set of foglamps. my ride did not come with the factory foglamps. i also got the cargo bay shade and would like to get the rubber liner as well. that's it.

i have it waxed at the local meguiar's about once a month. still looks good as new. have it for one year this month.

·
XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,228 Posts
Roof Driving Lights

Hi Guys,

Thought I'll show you my latest addition.

The exy with super dooper roof spotties is here. hehehe :)

OK, the mod was not done by myself, so I took it to a local auto electrician who spent on it half a day and it's still not finished yet.

We looked at everything and decided to do the following next weekend to tidy everything up.

1. The sockets that you now see visible coming from lights will no longer be there.

2. The roof rack weather strip is getting inserted back next weekend too.

3. The 2 sockets at the bottom of each roof rack will also be made less visible.

The whole set-up is detachable and can be taken-off along with the front roof rack.

I bought a spare roof rack to replace this one when taken off, if I decide to use the luggage box instead. (highly unlikely now that I have seen the light) hehehe

The wiring as I suggested to the electrician came from the back of the roof racks and followed the weather strip rubber along the windscreen and got tucked neatly under it (2 wires from each side of the windscreen)

I was not happy with the little bit of wire showing at the corner of the windscreen, but we just couldn't do anything about it. No room for it to be tucked away at all, so we decided to leave it like that (being black is not that bad I reckon)

The lights are mounted on Rhino roof racks and brackets which I realized Rhino was selling.

The whole set-up, especially the "chrome" lights really stands-out and looks awesome.

Can't call the exy a SUV anymore with this amount of lights LOL

·
Fully Bolted + Juiced!
389 Posts
Jalal, how about routing the wire through the rear hatch. You could just follow the weatherstripping. You can also try using the rear spoiler holes.

·
XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,228 Posts
Terranismo said:
Jalal, how about routing the wire through the rear hatch. You could just follow the weatherstripping. You can also try using the rear spoiler holes.
We tried that as well, but because my rear spoiler is aftermarket, it is fitted differently (i.e. on top of the roof rails) plus the idea of removing the roof lining in full to be able to pass through these wires did not look exciting to me.

In addition to all that going all the way to the tailgate and back to the engine bay (where the relays are) will dramatically increase the length of the cable/wire, which means less power to the lights and less bightness.

It doesn't look too bad on my exy because it's black, but that small bit of wire will stand out more on other color xtrails.

I will attempt to squeeze the wire under the roof rail on that corner if I can.

·
# 0001 Bonavista Owner
509 Posts
MEGA WATTS OF POWER

Well done, mate :thumbup: That's a very impressive set-up.

No doubt your plan is to only use them off road - BUT, if you were to have a power outage, you could light up half the neighborhood - and charge the prevailing hydro rates - more money for accessories :)

Enjoy = Roger

1 - 20 of 73 Posts