Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 200Sx Se..how much power do you guys think I can roughly make with the following mods?

JWT Intake 65.00
Hotshot Header 450.00
Stromung Exhaust 580.00
Unorthodox Pulleys 200.00
JWT MAF sensor 100.00?
JWT Ecu(down the road..Expensive) 600.00
JWT cam(down the road..also expensive) 560.00
It'll cost around 2 grand

·
Soggy GloryHoler
792 Posts
slow200 said:
get HS or PR intake advance timing port&polish you can also bore it out
I thought the SE was the 1.6. If so then how can you bore it out. most people know that you cant really bore out the GA. But your right about the intakes.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No way in hell am I boring out the engine..It's a 95 yeah but its got 32k miles on it..To good right now for somthing like that :cheers:

So spending around 2 grand on bolt ons i can pick up about 20hp of useable power? Also will these parts go well with the hotshot turbo kit when/if i decide to do that down the road?

·
Registered
156 Posts
The header won't do you any good once you go turbo, but you could always sell it. Also the ECU will need to be reprogrammed, but it should be alot cheaper the 2nd time around.

·
OT's E-Referee
904 Posts
Tdizzle412 said:
No way in hell am I boring out the engine..It's a 95 yeah but its got 32k miles on it..To good right now for somthing like that :cheers:

So spending around 2 grand on bolt ons i can pick up about 20hp of useable power? Also will these parts go well with the hotshot turbo kit when/if i decide to do that down the road?
While they're both expensive JWT cams and ecu are a very powerful upgrade. If I remember correctly they are dyno proven to produce a gain of 42whp @7300. I have the cams in my 93 Sentra and just got a JWT ecu to go with it but haven't installed it yet however the cams alone showed some great top end power.

Mitch

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
persoally, if you are looking into getting the hs turbo kit, just save for that and dont really get anything, cuz any money you spend takes away from the turbo fund but the UR pulley and the jwt pop charger are good to have

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sentra97gxe said:
While they're both expensive JWT cams and ecu are a very powerful upgrade. If I remember correctly they are dyno proven to produce a gain of 42whp @7300. I have the cams in my 93 Sentra and just got a JWT ecu to go with it but haven't installed it yet however the cams alone showed some great top end power.

Mitch
Are you serious it'll put 40hp more to the ground from a JWT cam & Ecu... :jawdrop: ..I'm not sure if i believe this yet..Anyone want to second what he says or show me some actuall proof? :cheers:

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
yea, you put down 43whp but you have to realize that the power drop off starts at 6250 and with the jwt ecu and cams it makes up for the loss, currently the highest hp ga the is N/A puts down 132whp.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats sweet I want to get it now. When you say 43whp gain, does that mean just the Ecu and cam.. Or is that the cam,ecu,intake,exhaust,pulleys?

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
just the cams, but you really should look into how the power curve is.. go to www.nissanperformancemag.com and that can help explain it... the cams and ecu will just give you a smooth power band that steadily increase. by the 43whp gain they mean from a point in the curve.. so if on the stock run you only produce 75whp at 6800, the the 43whp at the same point would be makin up for that loss, its not a 43whp gain from the original stock wheel hp. look at the project 1.6t and that should help you understand

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh I understand I'm not going to get that kinda power across the board, but when I read them kind of figures I can see that its a pretty damn good mod to think about. :cheers:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts