Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the board, and I'm hre to find out a little more on the NX. I currently drive a truck and I was looking into getting a project car to work with in the spring. i gave up my car for the truck, and I miss it's performance. I wa slooking into the NX 2000. What kind of aftermarket support does it have? I've been searching and I cant' really find a whole lot on it. Idealy, a turbo kit of some sort, and basica bolt-ons is all I'm looking for. All help is appreciated.

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
thecause17 said:
Hi, I'm new to the board, and I'm hre to find out a little more on the NX. I currently drive a truck and I was looking into getting a project car to work with in the spring. i gave up my car for the truck, and I miss it's performance. I wa slooking into the NX 2000. What kind of aftermarket support does it have? I've been searching and I cant' really find a whole lot on it. Idealy, a turbo kit of some sort, and basica bolt-ons is all I'm looking for. All help is appreciated.
Just about anything you would want is avalible for this car.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
So things such as intakes, exhausts, header, pulleys, springs and things like that are not a problem?

How about FI set-ups? Are they any kits available? SC or TC.

Body Kits?

·
Registered
547 Posts
They make all the thigns you listed except the SC setup. You can eaisly turbo the SR20 you have in there. Body kits, well, Sentra and NX body kits are kind of sketchy to me. They just don't look all that great. Some of the B14's do. Anyways, yes they make all the list you named and more.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
thecause17 said:
So things such as intakes, exhausts, header, pulleys, springs and things like that are not a problem?

How about FI set-ups? Are they any kits available? SC or TC.

Body Kits?
yeah, I dunno about body kits. The B13 SE-R/NX2k community has always been more about going fast than looking fast. :) Yes, all those bolt ons are available, turbo kits, SR20DET engine swaps, a nice full range of suspension goodies, brake upgrades... just about anything you want is available. I used to have an NX2000 and I put an SR20DET factory turbo engine into it... great car.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet, did you ever get it to the track, or dyno? I've love to see some timeslips or plots. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Here's a dyno chart done after we first got it running. Everything is completely stock with the exception of a 3" exhaust system and a front mount intercooler. This is a bluebird DET with the T25 turbo, stock boost at 6.5 psi.

That's 194 HP at the wheels and 188 lb-ft of torque.

I took it to the drag strip one time. My best run was a 13.8 @ 101, with a badly slipping clutch (slipping so badly I had to let off halfway through the run then get back on it again), and on stock 14" wheels and tires.

There's a lot of potential with this engine swap, and also with the stock engine and a turbo kit... we've seen over 400 wheel HP on completely stock engines, they can definitely take the abuse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts