Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
thats why i cant get over 110. damn safety precautions. how do we get around that?

·
Registered
249 Posts
you need to buy a computer upgrade from Jim Wolf Technology. There around $600 to $650. But it helps your car in so many ways. Worth every penny!!!!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yea but the whole computer upgrade makes the car run so much better.

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
I dont know but i remember a moderator saying if you put a "94-96 G20 ecu [it gives you] no [extra] power, but higher redline, and no speed limiter. I dont remember what moderator it was though. This was for the GA16DE engine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Is the speed limiter different on a 98 SE-R? My car always cuts off at 115 mph or 6000 rpm's in 5th gear.

·
Registered
249 Posts
reving high does you no good without cams

·
Its a JEEP thing...
388 Posts
No, it was not for a GA16...it was for an se-r....

the guy who asked has an se-r

http://www.nissanforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3311

reving high does you no good without cams
good statement, but not entirely true....it allows you to stay in the gear longer..and drops you into the powerband on teh next shift. On the 1/4 mile track.it allows you to stay in 3rd, instead of having to shift to 4th..which is slower..

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
From what I have heard most(if not all) Sentra speedos are a lil off(3% i think) This would give you guys the "indicated" 115-120 speed. My Sentra too hits about 115, but that is indicated on the speedo. I have check the speedo against a GPS unit and found that it is off somewhat.

·
I think I lost my mod-nes
313 Posts
You guys have actually taken a Sentra to 109 MPH??? My God, that would scare me to death. I've had my old Probe GT faster than that, and my wifes Mustang way faster than that, but my Sentra gets a little crazy over 85. I've never pushed it past that. Does a suspensioon upgrade really help out that much, or do you all just have death wishes?

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
my limit was 100 MPH maybe a lil higher then i couldnt go n-e-faster cuz of CHP , slow drivers , etc

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
97sentragxe said:
You guys have actually taken a Sentra to 109 MPH??? My God, that would scare me to death. I've had my old Probe GT faster than that, and my wifes Mustang way faster than that, but my Sentra gets a little crazy over 85. I've never pushed it past that. Does a suspensioon upgrade really help out that much, or do you all just have death wishes?
FWIW, I could tell a huge difference just with my Sportline springs..Yes it was scary at 109 stock, but now it is bearable(glass smooth road). I can wait until I get rid of my Sportline/OEM damper combo and get some real suspension under my car.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts