Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced the power steering pump and need this part to stop a small leak. Can anyone tell me the name of this?

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,130 Posts
In the FSM it's referred to as a joint; it has two copper washers which you probably need to replace to stop the leak. Your friendly Nissan dealer has those.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
9,867 Posts
That part is usually sold as part of the pump and not sold separately, referring to that extension, but I've never seen one leak, before, with the exception of leaking at the copper washers, which typically occurs when they are re-used rather than replaced. The copper washers are Nissan # 49726-Y0100 and the banjo bolt that attaches the power steering line to it is # 01619-00011, but I can't say 100% that it is the exact same bolt that attaches the extension to the pump; there should be a washer on each side of the bolt and torque to the manual spec, which is around 50 lb-ft if I remember correctly?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the response, I looked up the part numbers and neither one of them was the actual part. Don't want to purchase another pump just for that specific part.

·
7,130 Posts
Thank you for the response, I looked up the part numbers and neither one of them was the actual part. Don't want to purchase another pump just for that specific part.
The banjo fitting (AKA joint), the bolt and one washer you already have as shown on your posting. The sealing washer can be gotten at hardware stores; just bring along your old washer and match it up; be sure to specify metric soft copper sealing washer. You can also get them here as a kit:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No thanks, My fitting is rusted and need to be replaced as my pump is still leaking fluid. I will try a junkyard near me and see if i can pull one out. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Its a banjo bolt, buy two copper washers, looks like you are missing one on the buttom or its on the pump, only place that can leak is from the line to the joint, or between the two copper washers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just an update. I replaced the banjo fitting with a new one and my car is still leaking from the power steering fluid. Does anyone have any ideas where a leak from power steering be located. I cannot find the leak at all and is frustrating to add fluid every time I use my car.
Thanks.

·
7,130 Posts
You'll have to jack the car up in the front; set it on jack stands. Start the engine and have someone to keep turning the steering wheel end-to-end each way while you're under the car looking for that leak.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will try that solution. My mechanic who replaced the steering pump will take a look at it this weekend. Hoping it’s not the pressure line hose 🤞🏽

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also,
What do you recommend for 2 month old oil stains on driveway. I tried purple power with no success.

·
7,130 Posts
Also,
What do you recommend for 2 month old oil stains on driveway. I tried purple power with no success.
A common treatment for removing oil stains from concrete is a poultice. Used primarily on small, stubborn stains, a poultice is made by saturating an absorptive material (such as kitty litter, pool filter media, or sawdust) with a strong solvent (acetone, xylene, lacquer thinner, or MEK) and then smearing the material over the stain. Cover the poultice with plastic, and let the process of osmosis take over. The solvent will break down the oil, and the absorptive material will suck it out of the concrete. However, this process takes time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well what you can try an do is to let someone turn the steering wheel and look for leaks in the high pressure line, if its rubber most times you won't see the hole until you bend the line, and if the line is higher that the pump joint piece, the leak can be from on top on running down the line making it seem as though its leaking from the joint

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
9,867 Posts
Dye testing can also be used for P/S fluid leaks. I looked up pumps at Rockauto and it appears that extension doesn't come with the new pumps, either, so I guess the auto salvage yard is your only option.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts