Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Aaaayh!
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.ardperformance.com/cgi-bin/indexjd.pl?action=index

What is the difference between the two DETs on this page? I know the difference between the actual cars. Just wondering how the motors differ. Also it says it fits 95+ 200SX/Sentra. Why wouldnt it fit in a B13? I thought lots of people had swapped them in B13s.

Is it a difficult swap? and are the DETs hard to find?

·
Registered
55 Posts
They're showing two pics of the same motor, tho I'm not sure which one.

I do know this: The GTi-R motor is rated at higher output than the Bluebird, as it says there. The GTi-R has a bigger IC (still top-mounted), piston oil-squirters, and a few other things that I can't remember. Go over to sr20deforum.com and use the search function, there are several old threads about this topic, and a number of people who have swapped both engines into USDM SR20 cars.

Hope this helps.

BTW where in KY are you? I'm just across the river in Cincinnati.

·
Aaaayh!
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in Harrodsburg. It is about 30 miles SE of Lexington. You probably have never heard of it. There is nothing here.

Thanks

·
Pastor of Muppets
153 Posts
Rittmeister pretty much nailed all the differences. They used the same pic for both engines tho, so you can't see by looking on that page.

BTW, my parents are from Louisville, I go back to visit every couple months...

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
A GTI-R is a very different motor than the Avenir and BB DET's. It shares little to no parts and won't drop right in like the other two, but can be built to put down more WHP. No, DET's aren't hard to find. Place I'd try for the cheapest deal and best warranty is www.kwcengine.com. Other places are www.jgycustoms.com or get ahold of Andreas Miko. Is the swap hard? Can't say from personal experience but they're not easy, but it's going to vary depending on how much experience working on your car you have and working on cars, and engines in general. As I said, the BB or Avneir DET will drop right in, but it's not quite that simple. Lots of other things involved.

·
Aaaayh!
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i am far from mechanically inclined so I would have to have someone else do the swap. jgycustoms.com has a BB DET for $1700 and $1000 to install. So thats $2700. What about the ECU?
Does this sound too expensive? My town sux and I dont really have much to compare it to.

I was also wondering about my tranny holding up. Assuming it would hook up, but I figured it would. I also noticed that they will fix the 5th gear popout for $150. That doesnt sound very bad to me. But then again, what do I know?

kwcengine.com site didnt work. I think it said it was under construction.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
JGY can weld your tranny case to make it stronger. JGY can put a BB ECU in for you I'd think, about $100 for the ECU itself. Otherwise after you get the car back and it's running ok, you can put in the appropriate upgraded MAF, then once that's running ok you can send out a regular SR20DE computer to be reprogrammed for $500 at JWT. Make sure you get the computer from the same year car as yours with the same transmission, an automatic ECU is different from a manual ECU, or so I've been told. I'd ask, but I think the $1000 might be for labor only. You need at least an engine harness for $100 I would think.

·
Aaaayh!
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I knew it would be expensive. Now im thinking it may be a bit to expensive. At least for now. And I was wondering if you could even close the hood with that intercooler???

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Yeah, it fits just fine from what I've seen

·
Aaaayh!
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After they got to it, how long do you think it would take to have them do a swap?

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
I think JGY says a downtime of 4 days to do a swap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts