Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,

I love my 1987 Nissan Sentra sport coupe, but I have a really good opportunity to buy a pristine 1978 280z, so I think I will sell my Sentra.

But how much should I sell it for?

I will try to post some pictures but these are the basics:

Perfectly straight body/paint. Red in color.

212k Miles, perfect compression/vacume, Just adjusted the valves, new timing belt and water pump, air filter, oil filter, completely re-did the brakes in the rear including new brake lines, drums, shoes, wheel cylinder, and the springs/hardware. New rotors and pads in the front. MSD ignition box, new cap/rotor/plugs/wires.

My brother who is a highly trained technician removed some of the EGR piping/vacume lines to increase response(idles perfectly-like new).

Engine/tranny are in great shape, always starts runs and sounds great.

Interior has new seat covers, mats, steering wheel cover, leather shift boot and nice billet style metal shift nob.

Sorry I'm rambling on and on, you guys get the idea. I was thinking of putting it up for 1500$ obo, is this reasonable?

Any input would be great, I'll borrow my girlfriends camera and upload some pics.

Thanks

Also, forgot to mention it has some nice 15'-16'(not sure) Black w/chrome lip wheels. And new tires.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've been thinking about selling my 1987 Sentra Coupe too..
Personally, I wouldn't buy it for 1500, even with all the good stuff you've done to it. IMO, the 200+ mileage is a very huge deterrent for me. At that price I could get a very good stock 93-36 mazda mx6 or mx3 at around 110k.

My car is not as impressive as yours, it works, some things I haven't fully troubleshoot about but doesn't needs money spending at the moment, but it works as it should. I purchased it around 120k miles full stock for 800 dollars, and now its about 135k. I put some money into engine maintenance , but its old and a lot of mechanics say there really is no way around the old sound it makes.

I'm thinking of listing it for 800 again, expecting to get offers around 600. Then again I really love this car. . and originally for 800 I thought was pretty good. . rare, don't see much of this body around. . . maybe I'll just leave it on PNO until after 2 years when I decide to drive again.

Pics are from my purchase, a little over a year ago. the car looks the same as it did.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts