Nissan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
hmm i dunno about bone stock...but the only performance mods i had was a wai, 2"exhaust, muffler, advanced timing, and new plug wires. had alot of cosmetic mods though..and mine made it. send your pics to michael young and he will get back to you on whether your car makes it or not.

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
okay well here is my list of mods done to the car. Mostly cosmetic.

Engine:
CP Filter attached to 3" MAF adapter

Exterior:
17" Enkei Rims
APC side markers
homemade clear corners
MTEC 80w/100w superwhite bulbs
APC hyperwhite turn signals
Cobra eyes windshield washers
tinted windows
rear reflector painted white
Altezzas (they leak)
2" muffler tip (ricey i know)
Interior:
B1 Hybrid Hyper white dome light
Blue APC 194 bulbs behind gauges
Quest Alluminum Racing Pedals

Sound:
JVC AM/FM cd player
Urban Audio works 400 w amp
Pioneer 6x9's in the rear
Jensens in the front (dont know size)

Coming within a few weeks: Timing Advancement, Cold Air Intake, Front Strut Bar, Lowering Springs.

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
hey tec i wouldnt call you a ricer. we've got some of the same mods in common and like u said..u don't claim they make you faster or that your machine is a blazing fury. just speaking from personal experience though...hold off on submitting the pics. i submitted some preliminary shots back in january i think it was..but i am glad i waited until may to submit the final pics because i had alot more mods on my car then. just a thought.

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Youre right, I thought about it after i first posted and felt like my thread should have been deleted but now I think I am just beginning and should wait. I think By January of 2003 my car will have plenty of mods. Thanks Katana. By the way, whats your real name?? My name is Chris and I dont think a lot of people see my name in the sig.

T

·
0 Posts
Touche Chris.....good point. I guess I'm more into the speed aspect. Everyones got their poison. :)

Kyle

·
Banned
1,531 Posts
Thrillseeker197 said:
Mmmmmmmm Rice.... Hahahaha had to say it.

Kyle
DAMN!! I was going to be the smart ass and say that but ya beat me to it. :D

Hell I went for the looks first, too, cause some of the performance mods took too much out of the pocket.

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
chris, my name is mark. i dont have it in my sig bc...well i never thought of it. i didn't see it in your sig though till you said somethin lol. good luck with your car man. im kinda partial to white b14's:D

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well thanks guys. But i must say why cant you have your cake and eat it too. What I mean to say really is why cant you have the speed and the style??? The reason why i have these mods is because they are inexpensive mods which IMO make my car stand out a lil more. The performance mods are coming soon but they do dig a lil hole in your pocket.

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
Show 'n' Go

No one said you can't... you can have show AND go. Just depends on what you want your car to look like, what's under the hood, how it handles, and how much $$$ you have / want to spend. Personally, I dig the "sleeper effect"... but I totally respect people's own tastes in cars. As long as I don't see big APC stickers all over it (no offense to anyone on this forum with that). ;) I say go for it.

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I dont know about the sleeper look though. It gets borings. It makes you look like all the other sentras that i see old people driving. Im sorry if i offend anyone. At least do something different like clear corners, add new rims, have it dropped, something to make it look like its not stock. I know this would go against the sleeper look but oh well.

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
So why are you modding your car? Are you doing it because you're building something that you enjoy? Then why care what everyone else thinks? If you enjoy having a flashy car that gets noticed, more power to you! If you're like me and want a sleeper, that's cool! If we all built sleepers, how boring would that be? What we need is diversity, not uniformity. Do what makes you feel good about your car, not what everyone else does :) !

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
Being a TOTAL sleeper can be bad, cause you have less chance of being noticed. Till they see the front mount gleeming and hear that sick cam lope. :D

You can still add new wheels (not too big, liteweight 15's are plenty) and a sweet suspension setup, and still be considered a sleeper. I consider a sleeper to be a car that doesn't stand out from the rest though it does look nice, but can annihilate the competition. Ever see Jay Hassinger's Turbo 200? Or Zak's B13?? That's whay I'm talking about. :cool: To each his own.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts