Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wannt to now what cant I do to have more power an get more fast.I have a 200sx Ga 16 1.6L 95 please give me somo ideas. no turbo

Thanks

·
Registered
258 Posts
straight up bolt on
1. Headers
2.Intake system (short ram or Cold air intake)
3.exhaust system (includes the headers to the down pipe and muffler)
4.change plugs and wires.

Im at work if i missed anything plz let him know here comes my manager good luck with your project.... keep us updated if you want also check around the forum theirs a better response then mine out their

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
If you use premium gas you can get away with advancing your timing a bit. If you have deep pockets you can go for cams and an ecu reprogram. Theres also porting and polishing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i think the ga is a cool motor and all but a better option would be to just save up and swap in a sr20de more aftermarket support.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,244 Posts
95-99 GA16DE made a manufacturer stated 115hp, about 90 bwhp on the Dyno

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What modification give more power the header, intek or plug wire. I put 4flame spark plug bosh iridiun and platinium that give more power.

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
If you search the on the magazine sportcompactcar they did 3 articles in which they did the basic bolt ons with a dyno chart for all of them.

·
Super Moderator
1,065 Posts
Did you feel the car take power or any change
Not really. It was a old a motor when i got her, she wasnt in her prime (194k) cheap and easiest mods are-

-Advance the ignition timing (requires higher octane fuel)
-WAI or CAI (intake)
-Exhaust (no bigger than 2 inch on a n/a 1.6L)
-Header (obx has them on ebay, if you get lucky enough and find it, get a hotshot)
-Jwt aluminum flywheel (pricey like close to $400 bucks i think)

Little mods like a short shifter, polyurethane motor mounts, help alot too.

As far as short shifters go, i got a B&M its great i love it, some people like the "nismo" ebay ones, some dont.

polyurethane motor mounts, they only make them for the SR20DE (fwd) they fit, i had them on my 1.6L, search my old threads, its in there. Polyurethane motor mounts cause more engine vibration, but you'll like it. It reduces engine movement to almost zero.

Then more serious mods for the 1.6 are - ( i only call them serious cause they're over $500/each )

-Jwt ecu reflash (easy to install)
-jwt cams (S1 series i think?)
-forced induction...

Its all about how much you wanna spend.

Here is my cardomain on my old 1.6 - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2554540

·
Super Moderator
1,065 Posts
these mods will help but dont expect it to be a hole lot faster u will feel a slight difference in the car
Are you referring to my post?

a 1.6 with bolt ons will never see anything less than 15's in the 1/4 and even 15's is real good for a bolted 1.6

·
Registered
258 Posts
no i meant from previouse page he said he wanted power asap i only ment your typical intake and exhaust =x nah we got the comments confused sorry lol

1 - 20 of 50 Posts