Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm gettin some new bulbs and wasnt sure what exactly i need, what part number i mean, i'm going for a set of xenon 80/100watt bulbs something bright ya know! will a 9006 or a 9004 fit or what do i need?

thanks laterz

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
9004/9007 will work... Though be ready to replace your wiring once you put those 80/100 watt bulbs which in fact aren't brighter at all.

Watts mean nothing, it's all about lumens.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well idk but anytime i've been around lights more watts means more light most of the time, what about the wiring do u think that, the factory wiring wont be big enough, or might get to much heat

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Look just stop questioning me and take my word..

I've been there done that. Wattage means nothing besides the power it takes to light up the filament. Lumens is the measure of light. Tell me how a 100 watt light bulb can't stand a chance against a 35 watt HID projector?

You'll be pulling more power and before too long you'll fry out either a harness or a plug.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
then since u know so much what do u recommend??? i cant find any lumens ratings which is the same as candlepower isnt it, i'm on ebay btw

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Personally if your looking for brighter bulbs, I would recomend Sylvania Silverstars, and maybe a aftermarket driving light set.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts