Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
The rod deal is not going to happen. I ended up in a lawsuit with the guy building the rods. The pistons take about 3-4 weeks to be built. They are already designed and ready for production. They cost $500 for the pistons,rings and wrist pins.

Moitvational Engineering

·
Registered
299 Posts
I think that you would see 5-10 horsepower. Maybe someone else might have some real numbers. I've heard that a V8 can get 30 horsepower per point of compression, for example 10:1 to 11:1.etc....

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice to see you here Mike S.

Thats too bad about the rod deal, I have found some other possible sorces so I guess I am all set with that. About the pistions, can you give us some specs/info. For example If I wanted to have pistons coated by Swain Tech will you offer the proper diameter piston to acount for the thickness of the coating, or would I be better off handing that with bore size?

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
So I'm guessing If I wanted to go turbo, I would want to go 8.5? what's stock compression? also, I might end up getting an SR20DET in the future, I realize that there's probably a sh*t load of products for that engine as compared to mine. what do you recommend I do to the internals of that engine?

I have alot of reading up to do, so some info here wouldn't hurt.

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
In truth us adv. timing guys do NOT have increased compression ratio. You can not change compression ratio with out doin internal work to the motor ie. crank,rods,pistons,head. What us adv. timming guys have is higher cylinder pressuresor higher compression pressures. If you do a compression check before and after changing your timming you will get the same numbers(psi). The only time the psi changes(after timming adj.) is with the engine running. The whole point of advancing your timming is to start the "fire" sooner in the cyl. to increase the amount of psi that the "fire" or "burn" give you. This increased psi is what gives you the extra hp. Compression ratio is the difference between cyl. volume with the piston at BDC and the cyl. volume with the piston at TDC. There is no way timing can effect the formula for compresion ratio.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts