Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1991 Nissan Sentra Se-r and I am doing a engine swap and wondering what engine should i go with-the bluburd, the gti-r or the s13. I have seen the S13 sr20det in the se-r and have seen it do high 12's low 13's bone stock. The question is, what type of problems will occur wth the swap, will i have problems with the power to the wheels and breaking the axles or anything with engine problems, will i need aftermarket stuff right away to get it running. Just asking this if anyone has done this swap and can give me information on the problems you ran into so i can cover up my little problems befoe i start and have my swap go smooth fast and reliable. pleae help me out on this swap, any information is well apprecated. One more question, since my car is fwd, if I do he s13 RWD, will it be a lot of trouble converting it to RWD or will it be kind of easy but kind of hard. I have my friend who can pretty much do anything that is going to help me but just doing my research on problems.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From everything I know, the S13 (RWD, it won't work in an SE-R) is the same engine as the GTiR DET (which is AWD in a FWD platform and will work in an SE-R).

Hundreds of people have done the DET swap into SE-Rs. There's a lot of information on it here, at sr20forums.com, and at SE-R.net. Get the GTiR or the Bluebird DET. The BB is an easier swap, the GTiR has more goodies and will take more power in stock form.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about the avenir engine-is it the same thing as the bbdet just more power and a little more work to put it in. I know there is plenty people that has done this but for some reasn can't seem to find them. I really want to put the avenir but if it comes down to it then the bbdet will be dropped. But the avnir is what is on my mind. I just want to know whats the problems that you will run into while swapping. thanks for the advice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts