Nissan Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
does anyone have any idea what se-r and/or spec v stands for?

i've heard several different rumors, like the V means 5 and it's because it's the 5th generation sentra, and blah blah. i know the spec v was taken from the skyline but what the hell does it stand for?

and for some clarification i believe it's pronounced spec V (vee) not 5, am i right?

·
West Coast *******
1,127 Posts
PSY said:
and for some clarification i believe it's pronounced spec V (vee) not 5, am i right?
Spec V (Pronounced VEE), was just a turnaround from the skyline "V-Spec" which means Victory Specification. Nissan North America wanted to use that on the SE-R, and the big shots over in Japan had a fit and said "NO!" So what did they do? Changed it to Spec V. I don't know about the SE-R though.

·
HYDYST?
113 Posts
I believe it has been determined on the mailing list that SE-R does not stand for anything.
There are all sorts of ideas and stories, but no one has been able to prove any of them.
I would just pick the one you like best and go with that. Kind of like naming your car.:)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i always thought to believe that SE stood for "special edition" well i thought up my own... systematically exhausting ricers :eek:)

·
Registered
52 Posts
When I bought my 200SX SE, I remember the dealer telling me athat "SE" stands for "Sports Edition", I guess from the sporty suspension from the stock 200sx.

"SE-R" I think is a way to make it conform to the Skyline monkier like the GT-R

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
it's kinda like GXE is for the basic edition (or General edition)(still not sure what the X is for), GLE is the Luxary edition and SE is Sport edition. They just added an 'R' to the SE to make it sound sportier, "Racing Edition" or so.

BTW, I dont see to many GLE's out there. What's the difference in the GLE and the GXE B14? besides the gold Nissan emblems.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I think the GLE comes with the little extras like body color door handles and rear views......

·
NOt only a customer...
176 Posts
Intergra Type Rice = Type R

Sport Edition Rice = SE-R yes even our own. :0(

Grand Touring Rice = GT-R

Special Incest Rice = SiR

So since all these names come from japan.. and we all know japanese are the riciest this is what the actual acronyms mean.

·