Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Use Mothers Clay bar, Cleaner Wax and Mothers Carnuba Wax on the body, Eagle1 Wheel Cleaner and Plastic Polish on the lights, Mequires Endurance on the tires, Mothers Preserves Protectant on the interior....

Whats on your Ride?¿

·
Registered
638 Posts
I use Meguiar's Gold Class shampoo/car wash, Water Blade & Absorber to dry car, Gold Class liquid wax, Eagle One A2Z wheel cleaner followed buy a good coat of wax, Eagle One plastic polish/protectant for the head lights & tail lights and Vinlylex for the dash,tires and trim...

·
Registered
722 Posts
pure mequires and good old fashioned armor-all. whats mequires alternative to armor-all anyway? the absorber to dry. trust me this is the best chamois you can get. i never used a better one and the only thing i seen dry a car better is that califronia water blade

·
Bow down BiAtch >;o)
1,356 Posts
Everything Meguires ! except for Mothers chrome polish :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
Zymol (car shampoo and liquid wax), Meguires (gel tire dressing and vinyl cleaner), and P21s (wheel cleaner). Occasionally I use some stuff from Griott's garage.

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Boromir said:
what do yoiu guys use to clean under the hood, like the engine for example.. mines kinda dusty lol
I use soap and water on the light dirt and Simple Green on the heavier stuff.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
CLay magic clay bar.

Zymol cleaner wax if I'm doing 1 step.

Meguiars Mirror Glaze #'s 6,7, and 26 yellow wax if I'm going all out.

Meguiar's mirror glaze #40 for anything plastic, rubber, leather, or vinyl.

#34 for quick detailing.

absorber and microfiber to dry.

simple green on the engine bay.

WD40 on the wheel wells.

that's...that's.... about it

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
damn man, that's going all out

I wash my car with this green car soap I picked up at kash n' karry, I clean my white wheels either with the same soap or a normal watered down dish detergent, I wipe down my engine bay with 409 from under the sink "It cuts Grease", and usually I wax it with some turtle wax :D

Am I lazy or is the world uptight?

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
DAmn I guess Im gonna have to stop being cheap and actually try sum of this Meguiars stuff...

WUt I want is sum more info on cleaning up the Engine BAY.....ANd wuts this green everyone is talking about...????

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
i use turtle wax finish 2001 to wash it, meguirs tire shine gel for....well tires. armor all wipes for the dash or just some swiffer cloths, and meguirs gold class car wax every couple months and their quick detailer every time i wash the car. as for under the hood....the best thing ever ive seen has to be the gunk foamy engine brite. theres instructions on how to clean your bay on se-r.net. but i sprayed that on my engine and rinsed a couple times and wow what a difference lol. try it...you wont be disappointed. i should be sponsored by them or somethin the way i talk :D

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Yeah Ill try anything right now--I neglect my engine way too much....I should be ashamed of myself......:(

·
Registered
373 Posts
What do you guys think of Black Wax? I just used some Black Turtle Wax last week. I think it pretty much sucked, but I was in a hurry and coated it a little too heavy. I tried it because My paint isnt in the best of shape, and when I waxed my car a few months ago I had little peices of white wax sitting in little pin holes on the hood, which annoys you when your car is black. So I figured this would help, but Im not sure if I did it justice, by doing it by hand, and in a hurry.

G

·
Regardless of the wax that you use, Surface prep is the most important thing to get a nice looking finish. Wash, paint cleaning clay, polish with an orbital polisher.....Then you can wax the car.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts