Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been spending lots of money on my car, just wandering if you guys could give me your estimates of my cars hp to the wheels? so i know what to expect when i get my dyno results....
thanks

stillen hi-flow intake
stillen race header
header wrap
'91 intake cam
custom 2" cat back exhaust
accel igntion wires
NGK platinum spark plugs
fuel pressure regulator
UR 4-pulley set
nology coil booster
timing advanced to 15
royal purple syn oil
water wetter
k&n oil filter
K&n breather filter
air duct runs from grill to the intake filter
still need an ecu-any info email me.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ha ha, your joking right? There's no way for anyone to know except you dyno that baby and tell us what you got. For the ECU check out JWT. Without the ECU and your current mods I figure you'll get 120-135 hp & tq. You'll get more with the ECU & a AEM CAI :D Probably around 140-150 whp 135 or so tq. It's hard to tell because each motor responds differently anyway. That's my 2 cents

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my stock setting was 10.....
look it up on ser.net.......................................
i know every car is different. Milage, condition, tune ups, compression settings, ect will affect the outcome of a dyno. all i was asking was if someone out there had similar mods and got their car on the dyno

·
Registered
166 Posts
Still what I posted should be where you would land in at. By the way when you hit the dyno, advance the timing some more to see what the outcome would be. ;)

·
Registered
500 Posts
I always though SR20s had 15 degree timing from the factory and GA16s had 8 to 10. I noticed that too. Maybe it varies?

·
Registered
413 Posts
seRpwr said:
my stock setting was 10.....
look it up on ser.net.......................................
i know every car is different. Milage, condition, tune ups, compression settings, ect will affect the outcome of a dyno. all i was asking was if someone out there had similar mods and got their car on the dyno
What? :eek:

SR20DE stock setting is 15 degrees +/- 2.

With that said, if Nissan was conservative when mfg. your car, your stock setting would be at 13 degrees, not 10 degrees. Hell, when people like me set our timing at 17 degrees, even though we 'advanced' it, it is still within Nissan's recommended 'stock' timing. But, since 17 degrees requires higher octane fuel and is pushing the upper limits of engine ping and knocking, it is considered advanced timing.

If you were one of the lucky ones who actually had a factory set timing of less than 13 degrees, you still haven't advanced your timing. 15 degrees is still considered stock running standard octane fuel and not increasing performance based on stock specs.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im positive my stock setting was 10, because even my mechanic thought it was surprising. raising the timing to 17, would that require 92 octane?

·
neutral handling is cool
180 Posts
When I got my car my timing was dropping to 10-11 degrees so I had to fix that...It's at 17 degrees and that proved to be optimal on the dyno and for gas mileage. With your timing at 17 degrees you won't need 92, but it's not a bad idea, at 15 you definitely won't need it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts