Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching through these forums for info on SR20DET swaps. I hope to start my own when i get the money, hopefully this summer, and I plan on doing the swap on my own. I am trying to find a complete list of everything that is needed or suggested for the swap. Also if anyone knows where i can get a manual on the swap or anything that would be helpfull. Please do not tell me to go search, I have been for about the last week and I have found contradicting info on a lot, especially on legality of the swap. any and all info would be appreciated.

Later

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
check your state laws first, but if you want to do it, go get a clip, and an uncut harness, then get the wiring done from a company that offers it. the swap should be pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
76 Posts
get a clip, install dvd on ebay. thats all you need. if you don't get a clip their could be things missing, cas , maf , igniter chip , wiring , and it can be a headache.

·
Registered
76 Posts
not sure never watched one, but the swap is not that hard and it looks like they would help some one thats never done it before. there are also sites that walk through the steps. do a search on google and you'll find something.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Bullet23 said:
the install dvd off ebay, is that really helpful?
I actually bought one because I was gonna take on the task of the swap. The one I have shows you how to upgrade the brake system, do the swap, and a ton of other things. I thought it was pretty informative for a 90 minute dvd. I ended up just buying a car already beefed up. :) Instead of getting a car with a redtop swap, intake, exhaust (downpipe, catback), and front mount, I got the car in my signature. Sure the car has used parts, but it saved me the hastle of trying to do a swap with some friends.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts