Nissan Forum banner

What do I need?

4K views 38 replies 10 participants last post by  SentraStyleEMW 
#1 ·
Hello,

I would like to setup a nice sounding audio system....
My question is would 1 10" sub be enough to give me nice bass without ripping the trunk apart? Also what type of power will I need amp wise to handle say a 300-400w amp?

What I have now is

2 5 1/4" chrome shit speakers in the door with 2 6x9 3 way jbl's in the back.... pioneer deck 6400 ....

#27 ·
Lowering Impedance of sub

200sxpower said:
kinda off subject, but is there any way to reduce impadence on a single sub without having to wire them parallel? reason i'm asking is i just got an eclipse 15", but it's 8 ohm. it would cost me a fortune to get some power to that thing.
You can in fact lower the impedance of a subwoofer simply by adding a resistor in line between the sub and the amp. You will most likely obtain the same sound though because the added resistor will waste power due to heat. Your amp will be putting out more power with a resistor in line...but your sub will still recieve about the same power...not really worth the trouble

#28 ·
selrider99 said:

My question is would 1 10" sub be enough to give me nice bass without ripping the trunk apart?
one 10" sub is never enough!! at least not for me. i wouldnt suggest doing what i did if you want your car to stay in one peice though...... with my four tens the black plastic thing that goes over the key lock has fallen off, oh shit handle has fallen off, rear spoiler is loose as hell, blown out two window seals (and at comp a freind ran up and pushed on my rear window, said it was flexing like three inches, and this is whith the windows all the way down!! can hear me for a good half mile though (if not more)

i would suggest two 10" subs and a good 500watt amp. oh and dynamat the whole trunk.;)

#30 ·
ill get plexi when it breaks! lol. i only turn the gain up on the amp when im at comp. right now its sitting at about 1/10th of the way, my rear window only moves a little right now, and i still get complimented on how loud it is..... especialy by cops who like it so much they hand me a $81.00 fine every month.

#32 ·
true, oh how true!! lol. havent seen many civics flex there back window though..... must be good glass!!! lol.

#34 ·
bone stock!! im going to invest in some caps...... head lights at night dim almost all the way out, im told i need a second battery and a bigger alternator. oh and when i get home after iv'e been pounding for a while i let my car sit at idle for a good 15 min. with everything off.

#35 ·
two subs and a five hundred watt amp like i suggested you should be ok maybe a 1 fared cap to keep the sound clean.

#37 ·
a freind of mine has them and i think its only good for an ass massage.

#38 ·
The under seat subs are a complete waste of money in my opinion. No quality bass at all.
You might also want to look into either a 5 or 6 channel amp. I am currently running a 5 channel amp (which is a lot lighter than my 2-amp, x-over, multiple cable set-up I was running) that has crossovers for all channels built in. Simple set-up for me since it's just 2 power wires, 2 grounds, the RCA's, and wire up all speakers, mount the SINGLE amp (space savings i.e. weight reduction), and get a nice sub or two. In my set-up, I have the amp in the spare tire well, and when the need for speed arises (track duty), I just remove the box and I'm light again. It worked out very well for me and does not slow the car down much at all. BTW, the less weight you put back there, the less the rear end sags down. Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.