Nissan Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
bob89sentra said:
I did the swap about a year ago, and as I remember you can get the setup from a 88 pulsar NX with the CA18de also. I also recall but am not absolutly shure that the controll box from a Maxima would work. I have a spare control box from the Pathfinder sitting around, PM me if interisted, I would only want like $5 + shipping, all you would need from there would be the wiper switch from the steering column off a pathfinder or Pulsar NX.
I'll snag some parts off of a Pulsar NX that I saw at the Pick'n'pull this weekend, and maybe I can compare part numbers or something? It also had the power mirrors, but I may try to put in some power folding mirrors I have. I have power folding mirrors from a P10, B13, and an S13. :hal:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Parts needed for wipers

I would like to get intermittant wipers on my 1990 Sentra XE, would anyone have the parts needed for sale?

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
1 Posts
wiper assy amp

sentra 95 gle --my intermittent wipers stopped working amp (28510 1m200) 6 pin, replaced with junk yard altma (28510 9e100) 7 pin and this fixed my problem - wipers are working ok. question??

can i get to adjustable intermittent wipers with this amp by replacing the wiper switch??

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
If the wiper switch from the car you got the wiper amplifier out of has adjustable intermittent than as long as the wiper switch fits into your sentra it should work.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I'm now using the wiper switch and amplifier box from a mid 90's pathfinder. The pathfinder switch has a variable control for the delay. The only thing you have to do if using the pathfinder switch is cut one of the ends off one of the wires and crimp the opposite style connector on, what I mean is the car harness side and the switch side both have a male connector so you have to cut either one off and crimp a female connector on. That's it still works fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hate to ask,, but im new, and confused, can some explain in detail how to do this, because when i ask the local parts places for a amp, they look at me like im nuts, and can i use parts from a 95 pathfinder,

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
You can use the wiper switch from a 95 pathfinder, as I said you just have to cut one connector off under the steering column, (or the single wire connector on the pathfinder switch), the reason is the car plug and the pathfinder wiper switch plug both have female connectors, so you cut either side off and put a male crimp terminal on one, than just plug the two together. I just took pictures of my pathfinder wiper switch and the wiper amplifier that I have in my 90 sentra, can not post them right now but will when I get back home. Other than cutting and changing that one connector everything else plugs right in. Will post the pics when I get back from the store.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Here are the 2 pictures, this is the pathfinder wiper switch installed in my base 90 Sentra:

This is the wiper amplifier mounted to the firewall, drivers side under the hood, the brown box:

If your car does not have variable wipers at all there will be a jumper connector plugged into the plug that goes into the wiper amplifier and the 2 plastic mollys in the firewall most likely will be unused.

·
Registered
4 Posts
thank you for the info, and the pics,,, now im off to a junk yard to upgrade my 90,,,and a friend said they will change the ends for me,,

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Your welcome, you only have to change one end, either the car side or the new switch side.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have an 84 b11 Sentra And I got the wiper switch and control box from under the hood from at 84 as well that has intermittent wipers But the box has an extra wire and the switch has an extra plug my car doesn't have Does anybody know what I need to do to make this work?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Did you try to plug in the box and swap the switch? Maybe it will work without connecting the 2 wires?

If some of the 84 models came with variable wipers than the connections to put it in a car with non variable wipers should all be there. Nissan's usually have all the plugs and wires run throughout the car even if certain cars do not have certain options on them.

For example my 90 did not have the door switch that turns the dome light on for the pass side door but the wire was tucked up in the body all I had to do was get the switch and connect the wire, same with the glove box light.

If connecting the wiper amplifier box and swapping the switch doesn't work I would look around in both areas for a loose wire. You may need to get a service manual for your year. I'll look around for one to see if I can help you further.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts