Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
yeah... i have a 1993 240sx and i dont like the head lights. and im wanting to put s14 head lights on it. soooooo all i need to know is what do i need and how do i go about it? and what years of silvia would work?

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
two40sx said:
yeah... i have a 1993 240sx and i dont like the head lights. and im wanting to put s14 head lights on it. soooooo all i need to know is what do i need and how do i go about it? and what years of silvia would work?
S14 fenders would require modification. S13 is what you mean, right?
S13 Silvia front end conversion is a common mod for the S13 240SX. I personally think the 240SX front end is great, flip up lights included, but whatever. S13 front end conversions usually go for around $1000.

·
Metal > Rap
668 Posts
I think he does mean the S14 front end. I wanted to do it when I first got my 240 but after looking into how much it was gonna cost me for brand new stuff, I leared to like the popups. The only real hard part in getting fenders fabricated. I didnt wanna pay the price for something that id end up destroying while drifting. But to each his own.

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
Nismo14-180 said:
I think he does mean the S14 front end. I wanted to do it when I first got my 240 but after looking into how much it was gonna cost me for brand new stuff, I leared to like the popups. The only real hard part in getting fenders fabricated. I didnt wanna pay the price for something that id end up destroying while drifting. But to each his own.
Exactly. The stock S14 fenders don't fit right in like the S13 Silvia fenders do. And I don't like having a lot of money into a car that I might crash. All the money should be in the motor, in my opinion. You're supposed to be able to drive it like you stole it, not drive it like you saved up for years for it...

·
I should be azRS13...
1,021 Posts
The sell after market fenders for the s13 to fit the s14 or s15 lights... But IMO the S14 lights just dont look as good as the S13 or S15 lights... S15 are too expensive...

·
Registered
16 Posts
two40sx said:
another question what is the best engine swap for 1993 240sx
Most people do an sr20det :rolleyes: But I reccomend rebuilding the ka. You have the ka24de, so it is worth it. If it was an ka24e, I would probubly either keepit mostly stock, swap, or get a de head or something. Im in the process of making a KA-t. The old axium - There is no replacement for displacement. Keep the 2.4 L. Fuck the SR.

·
I should be azRS13...
1,021 Posts
Eastbear... I thought they would have been better if they had a glass cover... But on another note... Teh silvia Headlights light up the road better than the eastbears.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts