Nissan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mom gave me a 94 sentra LE i know nothin about it but assume the 2.0 in it is the SR20DE right? what would a replacement cost the whole car is cherry cept the block, (big hole, rod sticking out lol) I actually saw someone on here saying a sr20de is only 375 is that right, woul dthat be a engine form overseas? if not what other options do i have besides parting it out which seems like another option, only reason i don twant to is the car body is in cherry condition , anywyas some help with this would be greatly appreciated , i do know cars just never messed with the sentras b4

thanks
bull
[email protected]
Orlando, FL

·
Pastor of Muppets
153 Posts
If it's a 2.0 it will NOT say limited edition anywhere on the car. If it looks just like an SE-R but says limited edition, it's an SE. If it's got the 2.0 in it, the speedometer will go up to 150mph and it will have a leather shift boot and knob.

The other engine available is the 1.6l GA16DE. If you shop around you can find them cheap. They go for $200 where I live.

·
Registered
346 Posts
ok here ya go

Ok dude...........If its a Sentra LE, it has the 1.6 Liter GA16DE Engine. If it is a Sentra SE-R then it has the 2.0 Liter engine. You probably have the 1.6 Liter engine if it is an LE. Another way to tell is if you see the letters ECCS on the intake manifold. If you do you definitley have the 1.6 Liter. Hope this helps Peace!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay my bad, it is a se, it definitely has the 2.0 in it buti it has a auto tranny not stick, what are my options as far as replacing that motor cheaply, i see millions of 1.6s at the yards but no 2.0 is there a place i can call or order em, thanks, also what parts in it woulf be worth partin out

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
And the SE has a 1.6. It does have the SE-R look trunk lights with spoiler and a "sporty" interior though. There's 1 in my local junkyard and I've already snared the trunk/spoiler.

·
Registered
154 Posts
If it is an LE or and SE you do not have an sr20. The only sentra from 91-94 with the sr20 is the SE-R. It will also have fog lights and a leather wrapped steering wheel, and rear disk brakes.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OKay lemme clarify, this is getting funny,
94 light gold in color, auto tranny, gold emblems and door lock bezels, engine says 2.0 on top. 4 door. some reason i seem to remember her saying it was a 94.5???? I would just go outside and pull the VIN but its in orlando and i ain t going home till the weekend,(us navy LOL)
assuming that i am right about having a 2.0 engine? what would it be would the sr20 be correct, if so where do i get a replacement cheap like, maybe 300-500 i know i should be realistic but one can wish also

·
NF's Offical Post Whore
1,972 Posts
he claims it said 2.0 on the top and if that is true somebody could have done the swap. I mean my ga16 doesnt say 2.0 on it anywhere

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think i may be wastin your time because all i can do is speculate, i will get off my lazy butt and call tomorrow for the VIN then i will know all, I do know that the engine in there is stock, thanks for your help i will let you all know what i came up with

·
Aaaayh!
439 Posts
deception se-r said:
my sr20 doesnt say 2.0 anywhere. ive never seen one that did.
Neither have I. Mine just says twin cam 16 valve. But I didnt think they put an auto with the SR20 in the b13 sentra. I know they had autos in the G20 and NX2Ks. If it is the SR20 then someone has put a lot of work into that car.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay this clears it up, I got the vin and it is a drum roll please.................................................................................................................1.6 The vin first 6 were JN1EB3 so i checked it out and sure enough 1.6 , thanks for all the help guys, now we answered that what can i do for a replacement engine, do they really run as cheap as 375$ for 1.6

thanks
also i know this part should go in the want ads but if anyone wants to part it out lemme know and maybe i could do that instead????

·
Pastor of Muppets
153 Posts
You can get them for much less than $375. Up here they sell them for $200, with low mileage and a warranty.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have a perfectly good ga16 from the Sentra E just sitting outside.. trade ya for your front bumper... heheheh

·
Master of the 5th speed
147 Posts
Bing, take a picture of your engine and post it here. This is going back and forth. If the original engine was never swapped out, then your LE or SE or whatever you have has a 1.6. The 2.0 ONLY came in the SE-R from the factory. So unless your mom did an SR20 swap, you have a 1.6.

If you want to put an SR20 in that car, it will cost you a lot. You have to change out the tranny, motor, axles, wiring harness, ecu, shifter linkage, clutch pedal, etc.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I solved the issue nissan, thanks though, i got the VIN and sure enough it is a 1.6 now the job is to find a new motor and put it in?
or part it out although i am sure i wouldnt get much for it parting out

1 - 18 of 18 Posts