Nissan Forum banner

What did u pay for your 300zx?

44K views 141 replies 103 participants last post by  mvh2011 
#1 ·
i bought mine in october, about 2hrs from here, knew the guy tho i think i got a good deal, it did have some minor things wrong tho, bad window motor, gas gauge isnt working, power steering leak, i give my paint a fair rating good motor i gave $1000 cash for it, drove it home

#5 ·
$300 for my 86. only thing wrong with it was bad valve cover gaskets, and a few dents. A little fire on the way home might have put a damper on things though. Just gotta fix it.

#7 · (Edited)
macman21 said:
Just bought it 1 month ago, 1991 non turbo manual 107000k's, very tidy. only $12500
Damn, there's a 90 TT for sale here at work for $11,500. 50k miles, 17" BBS 3pc wheels....

I paid $6k for my SS ~4 years ago. Had to change the timing belt when I got it, but all the parts were given to me by the owner, as well as a replacement tail light (cracked) and a new ACT clutch :thumbup:

#8 ·
Now I'm the one who's feeling ripped off..... Mine was about $3600 after all the payments are said and done. And mines probably about in the same shape as Domdoggs'. And I just put a whole ton of time and effort into redoing all the gaskets and seals (Except the rear main). But maybe she'll be strong enough and reliable enough to surprise a few people at the track this year.... ;)

#20 ·
I paid $800 for it at an auction, promptly blew the engine and replaced it with another rebuilt and overbored VG30E for $2500 (didn't think about the turbo at the time), body and paint for $1500 finished last week and another $1K in random repairs/upgrades/replacements. I'm still looking at rims/tires, a rebuilt tranny, and replacing the interior. Talk about love of the brand!

#21 ·
just what you pay

My nissan does sound like a lot but yes I am from Australia and the conversion is not $0.80 its more like $0.65 making mine worth about $8000US. Thats just what they are worth here. We must have higher import taxes making the overall prices higher, very few of the 300zx'a were sold new in Australia.

#22 ·
macman21 said:
My nissan does sound like a lot but yes I am from Australia and the conversion is not $0.80 its more like $0.65 making mine worth about $8000US. Thats just what they are worth here. We must have higher import taxes making the overall prices higher, very few of the 300zx'a were sold new in Australia.
$8k is about right for an NA. I'm stupid and didn't see you were in Australia. :cheers:

#23 ·
macman21 said:
Yeah, sorry about that:)

#26 ·
I paid $750 for my 86 turbo 5 speed. It needs some rust damage repaired. It has a grinding noise (speed dependant) in the rear of the car. There's a clunk between shifts. And other minor issues. But, I think I received an awesome deal on the car. Considering it came with a JWT ecu, 3" turbo back exhaust, 88ss springs, manual boost controller, and fresh rear suspension bushings on the lower control arms.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.