Nissan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 142 Posts
just what you pay

My nissan does sound like a lot but yes I am from Australia and the conversion is not $0.80 its more like $0.65 making mine worth about $8000US. Thats just what they are worth here. We must have higher import taxes making the overall prices higher, very few of the 300zx'a were sold new in Australia.

macman21 said:
My nissan does sound like a lot but yes I am from Australia and the conversion is not $0.80 its more like $0.65 making mine worth about $8000US. Thats just what they are worth here. We must have higher import taxes making the overall prices higher, very few of the 300zx'a were sold new in Australia.
$8k is about right for an NA. I'm stupid and didn't see you were in Australia. :cheers:

macman21 said:
Yeah, sorry about that:)

I paid $750 for my 86 turbo 5 speed. It needs some rust damage repaired. It has a grinding noise (speed dependant) in the rear of the car. There's a clunk between shifts. And other minor issues. But, I think I received an awesome deal on the car. Considering it came with a JWT ecu, 3" turbo back exhaust, 88ss springs, manual boost controller, and fresh rear suspension bushings on the lower control arms.

turboZX said:
i bought mine in october, about 2hrs from here, knew the guy tho i think i got a good deal, it did have some minor things wrong tho, bad window motor, gas gauge isnt working, power steering leak, i give my paint a fair rating good motor i gave $1000 cash for it, drove it home
lol i have you beat by a little, every thing works fine and it only has 150k on it, just a little rust, but i can fix it and i picked it up for a grand

$1,000 for an '85 turbo with a trashed body + an '85 N/A with a trashed motor. I haven't put any more money into it yet, but with the turbo motor stripped down to the block and sitting beside a shell of a car, I've got a few $K more to go before I can start riding off into the sunset.

1st z 1994 tt blown motor 100 $
2nd z 1996 n/a no motor 500
3ed z early 1987 gll 1000 $ no rust, small p/s leak drove it home (still driving it)
4th z 1988 2+2 blown motor 50 $
5th z 1986 T mint body mint interior leather seats looked brand new every option from the floor mats to the ttop covers to the tire inflator 400 $blown motor tho

I bought a '84 300zx Turbo for $2025 as my first car in 2001... It had 146,000 on the body but the rebuild had about 10,000 on it. Came with 4 JL 12" w0's in a custom box, JL 5 1/4's in the doors, JL tweeters mounted in the door panels, JL 6x9's in the back, body kit, rims, knight rider system, pearl white paint, underbody neon, spoiler, tint, exhaust, K&N filter, dual friction clutch, plus a bunch of other random nonsense... It was a complete steal when I found it on ebay so I paid the $700 to ship it to Denver from Texas to get my hands on it. Sold it in late 2003 and picked up the 04 Spec V that I have now and a 05 Maxima shortly after. I still miss the boost...

Here a pic of it from when I owned it. I have no idea if it's still on the street or dead.

SirReaL303 said:
I bought a '84 300zx Turbo for $2025 as my first car in 2001... It had 146,000 on the body but the rebuild had about 10,000 on it. Came with 4 JL 12" w0's in a custom box, JL 5 1/4's in the doors, JL tweeters mounted in the door panels, JL 6x9's in the back, body kit, rims, knight rider system, pearl white paint, underbody neon, spoiler, tint, exhaust, K&N filter, dual friction clutch, plus a bunch of other random nonsense... It was a complete steal when I found it on ebay so I paid the $700 to ship it to Denver from Texas to get my hands on it. Sold it in late 2003 and picked up the 04 Spec V that I have now and a 05 Maxima shortly after. I still miss the boost...

Here a pic of it from when I owned it. I have no idea if it's still on the street or dead.

If I'd known that car existed around here, I would have bought it from you.

I Paid $10,000 for an 87' with 40,000 miles, also spent $6,000 on making it a one of a kind with pushed out 17" wheels, body kit, cross drilled rotors, rims, tires, exhaust cat- back, xenons, venom fuel injectors, custom headers, no body belives me its 20 years old.. they seem to look ugly as hell from stock.. but can come out of there shell rather easily with modern technology.... End result a car that gets u laid..... Peace

21 - 40 of 142 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.