Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· what?
5,690 Posts
Well,
There are generally 2 directions to go. Get the power you want, or get the car to drive the way you want.

For the former get exhaust, intake, headers, and do the cheapo throttlebody mod (ECU and extrude hone are good but $$$).
For the latter (and equal cost) get a new suspension, (springs and struts), and add strut and sway bars.

Pulleys I dont reccomend and urethane bushings I dont reccomend. Mainly because they reduce the 'everydayness' of the car. Yes it will perform better, but at what cost?

I assume you have the disc/drum setup. For about $400 or less you can get bigger front brakes that 'bolt' on. You can do this independent of both of the above 'directions', however the larger discs wont fit under the factory steelies. With regard to rims, I would invest in a good suspension before rims. Because you can play with rubber choices, sidewall height, and rim weight after you're comfortable with the 'ride' of the car.

Seth

· what?
5,690 Posts
Hey,
I guess on an SE-R the pulleys may not make a noticeable difference, but thats because you have an SE-R. I'm sure on a GA16DE engine (where the turning off the A/C alone can be considered a performance mod) it may make a difference. However, I could be wrong.

Seth

P.S. The cheapo throttlebody mod is on sentra.net

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.