Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
What is SLR chip? Can you post up any links so I could check out?

- No-Pain -

·
Registered
734 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
i would go with BS. That broad of a statement about performance gains. If they are trying to say that thats a sister board then they would have had to remap the fuel map and i really doubt you would gain MPG since nissan was going for gas not power with these cars. But hey, let me know if u do decide to try it. 2 good to be true seems accurate here but im not gonna say no to damn near 50% power increase for 70 bucks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I don't think I'll invest the money to find out.

Something else. I saw elsewhere here that the Dynomax Turbo muffler was good for the 1.6l so I ordered one today from Jegs, offset inlet, center out, for about $60 with "handling." Hope this is the reasonably priced way to go for performance without being too loud. Yeah?

·
Registered
485 Posts
that varies by the person and the vehicle. Im pretty big on the quite ones myself now. Used to be the other way. Had a 3.0 v6 with straight pipe and a gutted cat. Had to put a glass pack on it to prevent the neighbors from calling the cops anymore.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, the Dynomax still has too much throat and the rumble sometimes makes it seem the car is shaking. 30% improvement on the Flowmaster 60 series. That was a box of bolts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts