Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
get this, yesterday i'm lookin for my regestration for my car (switching insurance), well i realize i didn't have a recent one so i assumed i threw it away by accident. i go down to the dmv i realized i have been driving on expired tags for 5 months!! that's not the worst of it. the guy makes me pay 43 bucks in penalties because i didn't register on time. the regestration was sent to my old military address on camp pendleton instead of my address on my driver's license, he explained that they were two totally different things... wouldn't you assume if you got a drivers license with a new address, the vehicle would be in the same place? oh well....

i don't know if it bothers you but it bothers me... i was driving around like a bat outta hell in a car that had expired tags for 5 months... no cops EVER even looked at me...

·
West Coast Redneck
1,127 Posts
James, I'm not 110% sure what the penalty for driving with expired tags are, because if your tags are expired, that means the car is not registered. I think the penalty for expired tags is a fix-it ticket. I know one of my friends was pulled over for expired tags, but they let him off, because there was a screw up at the DMV, so I don't know...I know. I'm not that much help.

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stealthb14 said:
James, I'm not 110% sure what the penalty for driving with expired tags are, because if your tags are expired, that means the car is not registered. I think the penalty for expired tags is a fix-it ticket. I know one of my friends was pulled over for expired tags, but they let him off, because there was a screw up at the DMV, so I don't know...I know. I'm not that much help.
i'm just pissed dood... is okay... i'll get over it. he he... thanks.

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BORNGEARHEAD said:
Don't you have the month and year sticker on the back license plate? I would think you would see that after 5 months.
ya i know man... quit remindin me about it. :p

i've just been busy and regestration never occurs to me until i need to do it... go figure. I remember a cop pulling up behind me and giving me a funny look but that was it... it's cuz i have my Marines license plate frame still i think... i've gotten out of so many tickets from former Marines who are now cops... sshhhh!:D

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
Since we're on the subject, I think I'll mention that some red-neck cop gave me a ticket last night for speeding around a corner. BTW, It was raining and being the first rain of the season, the roads were slick as hell. with my 135 wide tires, I was not going as fast as he said I was or I would have slid into a tree. I hate stupid cops picking out kids just for their stupid commission.

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
yeah you need to change the adress on your title or registration everytime you move, or else theyw ill sent all the crap like registration or emission notices to some place where you are not there
my friend had his license suspended for 3 months, and he found that out after he went to renew his license cause it expired lol, they didnt want to renew his license casue he owned fees for the suspension
so basicalyl he drove fro couple years on suspended license(they dont take the suspension unless u pay the suspension fee)

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
XtremE said:
yeah you need to change the adress on your title or registration everytime you move, or else theyw ill sent all the crap like registration or emission notices to some place where you are not there
my friend had his license suspended for 3 months, and he found that out after he went to renew his license cause it expired lol, they didnt want to renew his license casue he owned fees for the suspension
so basicalyl he drove fro couple years on suspended license(they dont take the suspension unless u pay the suspension fee)
you know what i find a big problem with that two address thing. if you register for an driver's license, ID, or car regestration, whatever, you should only use one name and one address. this is the reason why there's people sneaking into our country under like fifty different names, when i change my driver's license address it should change my regestration as well!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts