Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 3.5 that I bought new and have never had an issue with. Last night I got into my car and turned in on. The Radio appeared like it was functioning but there was no sound on any setting. I turned the car off and back on and this time there was no power to the radio. I turned it off and on once again and this time it was playing only one radio station. I could even switich it to Cd and change tracks but it was just this one radio station being heard on the speakers. I turned it of and on again ,no power. I turned it off and on again it worked fine but was set on a super low volume that couldn't be adjusted. I turned it off and on, nothing. I turned it off and on, it was fine except my xm radio would hook up or my sub. Everytime I turn the car on something different happened! Has anyone ever heard of this or experienced this with there stock radio? Is it just fried or something? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Provided you have not performed any personal maintenance under the dash, your best bet is to return to the folks who installed your system. In these times... the last thing they need is bad publicity. Your next bet is the dealer, but you're screwed when you alter the original system. If you're on your own, you'll be chasing electrical gremlins with plenty of advice and blind direction from the likes of us. We'll need every detail of your system operation; power sources, component sequence of operation, etc... Everything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Disconnect power from your battery. Take out your unit and disconnect and reconnect all connections. Then if there is a reset button the back of the unit, reset it. If you still have problems you will have to take it back best buy.

Edit: Oh, wait... STOCK radio??? Ha... some chump spliced it all wrong back there and connections are either coming loose or just not done right. Yeah, unless you want to go back there and mess with all the complicated splices, I suggest you take it back to them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts