Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Were is the best place to buy Mas or Tps for a 1996 hb? Is there a wholesale place to buy online or just go to local parts houses or go the dealer? Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Were to buy

Yes you are right. I called Napa and went to Advance part not available. So it looks likes to the dealer. Thanks

·
Registered
215 Posts
MAF

im at cerritos nissan and i may be able to get it cheaper $30-$40 depending on which one fits your truck. there are 4 choices depending on the production month and if its automatic or manual. if interested contact at cerritosnissanparts.com

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hans and I both had our MAF rebuilt at SIA electronics located in IL. SIA Electronics-Remanufacture Automotive Computer Components They warranty it for one year. You just take it out of the throttle body - send it in and they test and rebuild and send it back. It takes about a week total turn around time, so allow for that. Mine lasted 15 months before it gave out again, and they rebuilt it a second time for the cost of $120. The warranty for a new one from the dealer is the same - one year.

FWIT, I called the dealer about getting a new one vs rebuild. I was wondering if there was a reason they sold it together with the venturi body - some sort of calibration or something that there would be a good reason to buy it new from the dealer. The parts guy said there was no calibration or any special reason to sell it the way they do - he said " they just sell it that way because that is the way it comes". I have searched j/y nation wide for my truck and its a hard part to find. I did find a new one from a place in CA - aftermarket no name brand - for $149 but did not get that one. Here is the link for them:

:: Welcome to Automotivepatssource :

Good luck. These things are a PITA on these trucks.

Laurie

·
Registered
215 Posts
warranty doesnt describe how long the part lasts. how long did the orginal part last? orginal nissan is not supposed to break as soon as the warranty expires. 96 pick up= 22 year old venturi. after market $100 every 2 years = $1100. 3 times the price of orginal nissan. and this is giving a discount because he said 15 months and $120 for a rebuild

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes, I agree with your thinking as well. I went back and forth on buying the new part from the dealer, but ended up getting a rebuild for now. I am still considering buying the new dealer part and holding the rebuilt one for an emergency back up.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have to agree with RB24 on this matter. After the rebuild went out on mine, I did the math. A new one was going to cost me about $400 and it will likely last about 8 years (that's how long the original ran). The rebuild lasted about 1.5 years and cost about $140. New is the better deal over the long haul, AND you don't have to put up with the BS of constantly rebuilding.

I would love to learn what is the part that they replace in the rebuild process? You know it only costs about $2.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah, I figured it was just something like that too.

When the MAF went again, it was strictly a cost issue. My husband's company announced they were laying off another 15%.

I still think I will go ahead with buying the new one from the dealer and holding my rebuild for an emergency back up.

Hans - is your new MAF the Hitachi brand?

·
Registered
215 Posts
if you need an OEM mass air sensor i can get you one at a better price than courtesy parts. just click on inquiry at cerritosnissanparts.com

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had to do this about 3 years ago for a 97 single cab.. The original one lasted 120K miles and was NOT taken care of.. meaning always clean air filters etc.

I would use a factory only replacement. And it would only be new, not rebuilt. The new one I put on 3 years ago is running perfectly and is very very smooth. Truck now has 173K miles on it.

Also, I am dead set against using a K&N filter. The filter itself most likely is fine, but people use way too much oil on it and it will burn your maf sensor wife very quickly.

Use a standard WIX or Nissan filter and be happy.

( My friend at the time did not want to deal with it and said to just let the dealer do it. It ran 875.00!!!)

·
Registered
117 Posts
cheapest i found fitsNISSAN D21 PICKUP (1990 - 1994)
NISSAN D21 PICKUP XE 1994
NISSAN PICKUP (1995 - 1996)
NISSAN PICKUP SE 1996
NISSAN PICKUP SHORT BED XE (1995 - 1996)
NISSAN PICKUP XE (1995 - 1996) and is 320 plus ship

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
maf [venturi] cost from dealer

What I found that through the dealer for a 1996 Nissan pu 2 wheel drive standard late 1996 [8/96]yea I know you would think its a 1997 but paper work says 1996. The unit is $436.00 for the regular guy walking in off of street. If you work at a shop they will sell it for $378.11. Can [RB26DETT] or anybody beat this price also remember there will be some shipping charges? Thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
go to rockauto.com that is the cheapest i found and prolli you too shipping will be like 5-10 bucks

·
Registered
265 Posts
cheapest i found fitsNISSAN D21 PICKUP (1990 - 1994)
NISSAN D21 PICKUP XE 1994
NISSAN PICKUP (1995 - 1996)
NISSAN PICKUP SE 1996
NISSAN PICKUP SHORT BED XE (1995 - 1996)
NISSAN PICKUP XE (1995 - 1996) and is 320 plus ship
That one probably won't work for this application. They changed the MAF in 1996. I tried to buy a junkyard one a long time ago and learned this lesson the hard way. My truck was built in early 1996. mine used the newer one. IT makes no sense I know, but you have to remember that they were building 1996 models in 1995.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Were is the best place to buy Mas or Tps for a 1996 hb? Is there a wholesale place to buy online or just go to local parts houses or go the dealer? Thanks
You mean Where? Anyways, check out these guys @ ABC Nissan Wholesale parts telephone # 18003731066 their prices are hard to beat! I've been using them for years all they use all Nissan Oem parts!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts